Chapter 23 - The Escape

Rush, Ambush and Halt reached a room. Rush looked back, and he saw the person closing the distance between them rapidly. "Quick! What do we do?" Rush said. "Look there! It's an elevator! Let's just take it," Halt said, pointing towards the elevator. Ambush ran towards it and started spamming the button. "Come on... Why's it moving so slowly?! We don't have time for this!" Finally, the elevator reached their floor, and Ambush and the other rushed in. Halt pressed the 'close doors' button, but the elevator's doors did not close. "Stupid button! Doesn't even work!" After a few seconds the elevator doors closed, at that moment, the person started banging the doors. "This won't be the last time we meet!" he said. Rush, Ambush and Halt could not hear it properly, but they knew it was not a friendly sentence. "Phew... That was close..." Rush said, heaving a sigh of relief. "Well, at least we escaped from that madman!" Ambush exclaimed. "You're right." "Well, at least it's good to have you back, Halt!" "Yeah, I do not ever want to experience that ever again! It was like torture in there. Nothing to do!" "I can only imagine..."

The doors opened as the three stepped out of the elevator. "Finally home!" Halt said. At that moment, they saw Screech. Screech saw them too, and he hurried towards them. "You guys! You're back! Everyone was searching for y'all. Where did you guys go?" "Basically, some lunatic kidnapped us!" "Kidnapped?" "Yes! Kidnapped!" "I have to tell the others. Oh! And Halt! You're back as well!" "Yup, feels good not to be stuck inside a boring room!" "I'm gonna head to the Main Hall," Ambush said. "Huh, I guess I'll go too," Rush said as he walked towards the Main Hall. "Same here," Halt said.

Halt opened the doors to the Main Hall. Inside there was Seek and a few others. "Wow! You're back! I'm so happy!" Seek said sarcastically. "Shut it! I don't want to here your babbling!" Rush replied. "Okay..." "Hey Timothy!" Ambush greeted. "Oh, hi!" Timothy greeted back, "Where have you three been?" "Long story." "Hey wait, Halt, if you've been kidnapped by that person, he might come back." "Oh yeah... Didn't think of that... Then what should I do?" "Well... there is a spare room next to mine, so... maybe you could just use it for the time being?" Rush suggested. "Seems like a good idea." "Oh wait! Rush! Isn't your room like—completely destroyed?" Ambush asked. "Totally forgot about that! I guess I'll have to start cleaning up." "Hey, I could help you!" "Really Halt?" "Of course!" "I don't really have much to do anyways..." "Alright then, thanks for your help!" "Any time!"