10

<Later after the zombie was placed in a cell>

S.V.B. and the group were having a group meeting as Manic asked, "I dunno if this is a good idea to capture a zombie Booms. It's not a good idea. How do we know if the zombie will escape?" Boomer replied to him, "Manic we have no choice. We need a guinea pig to test the vaccine once it's done." Shawn replied without hesitation, "Yeah. A god damn undead guinea pig." Sonic asked, "What are we going to do if the zombie gets out." Shawn then said with an idea, "He doesn't need to. We may need someone to watch over 'said' zombie." The four asked simply, "Who?" Shawn used 'the eenie, meenie, miney, mo game' until he chose Sonic. Shawn then said, "Oh looks like the 'rugrat' gets to watch the zombie." Sonic frustratedly said, "Me? Oh come on, you can not have me do it! You did that on purpose!" Shawn replied, "Sure I did you annoying twit." Manic said in fury, "Shawn!" Thats when Shawn said, "Hey Don't get mad at me. Besides I'm just trying to be the same old Shawn." S.V.B. rolled his eyes and said, "Shawn. How's not the time to make insults. Right now we need to focus on getting rid of the zombie apocalypse." He then turn to Sonic and said, "Look Sonic. We are counting on you to watch over the zombie for the time being. Something tells me he has a conscious. Besides if he escaped you can catch him." Sonic was convinced before he said, "Okay. You have convinced me S.V.B. I'll do it." Before he can go Manic grabbed his shoulder and said with worry and concern, "Do me a favor baby bro. Be extra careful and use extreme caution." Sonic nodded and said, "I will Manic. I promise." Thats when Sonic sped to the cell 'that was also downstairs.' Once Sonic arrived he felt like he was being watched from the cell. Undoubtedly the zombie. Sonic thought as he crossed his arms, "I don't think the zombie is too happy about my company." Once Sonic uncrossed his arms he slowly made his way to the cell door. Though Sonic stopped  as he found himself staring at the zombie. But the zombie was staring at him while he was snarling as puss and slime dripping from his slightly revealing jaw. Sonic slowly walked to him and sat down a few feet from the cell. The zombie starred blankly at him as Sonic said while trying to hide his fear, "Y-Y-You don't scare me." The zombie groaned before starring at Sonics healed wrist 'where Amy grabbed him brutally'. Sonic noticed he was starring at his wrist and said, "Be-believe me it's a long story. I-I dunno if you understand me. do you?" The zombie shook his head slowly. Indicating him that he does understand him. Sonic came closer to the cell for some reason he cannot understand. The zombie then placed his decaying hand on Sonics face. The blue hedgehog could feel it was cold as hell. Sonic said softly as he felt the zombies hand, "Your hand feel so cold." The echidna zombie groaned softly as Sonic strangely felt sympathy towards it. Sonic asked slowly, "Do you have a conscious still?" The zombie nodded slowly. Sonic thought, "Wow S.V.B. wasn't kidding. This zombie has a conscious. He didn't behave like the others, he didn't struggle or fight when we carried him to the truck. He just growled and groaned." Sonic then thought as the zombie went to the back of the cell, "Something tells me I'm gonna have a boring but slightly quiet time. At least I'm not feeding him brains."