chapter 4

-•°~♡~°•-

Back at the police station, Han had gathered all the information possible from the group, including the new pictures of the most recent victim.
He spread it all out on the table at the lab after making Seungmin and Felix clean up all of their equipment off of it first.
He wrote question marks on four pieces of paper and attached them with little magnets to the whiteboard next to him, hoping to later replace them with names.

"Have they got anything from the sellers?" Han asked from Chan, who was leaning on the table next to Felix.

"No, not yet."

"Uh, Felix, what about handprints?"

"We're still trying."

Han was disappointed. He was eager to really get into this case, but it'd be difficult if they had no clues.

"Okay, well let's organize what we've got over here." He pointed to the whiteboard.

He grabbed a marker and wrote down all murder locations and victims' info that they had around the question marks. They tried to find connections between them, but all they got was that the the victims all had criminal records.

Felix had the marker, and he was trying to rewrite a murder location that Han got wrong.

He had to get on his toes to reach it, and his body was wobbling slightly
because he was trying to not fall.
Suddenly he felt two strong, huge hands on his waist balancing him.

"Careful", Chan said softly to his ear with his warm voice.

Chan's soft curls were touching Felix's cheek lightly.
Felix was glad Chan was behind him, because otherwise he would have seen Felix's eyes open so wide that they might just pop out of their sockets.

Felix finished writing and tried his hardest to stop himself from blushing. Despite his efforts, his ears were burning red, which made Chan smile to himself when he noticed.

He let go of Felix, who fixed his blonde hair nervously.

"Oh, I'm getting a call. I'll be right back." Chan said and rushed out of the door.

"Well, he was in a hurry", Seungmin said surprised after following Chan's not so subtle approach towards Felix.

Chan wandered around the halls anxiously until he found an empty office room. He entered it and locked the door behind him.
Then he pressed the green button below the familiar caller ID.

"I'm at work. It's risky to call me during the day, I told you that." Chan said quietly into the phone.

"I know, I just missed you so much."
You could hear the smile the caller had on their face.

_______________________________________

Just as Chan opened the door and entered the lab again, Han took his vibrating phone out of his back pocket. He didn't recognize the number.

Chan wiped his sweaty palms on his sweatshirt.

"Hello?"

"Seoul Gangnam police station, detective Han Jisung?"
The voice was slightly husky, but still smooth like silk.

Han was surprised.
"Yes? Who is this?"

"Ah. Have you got a pen ready?
The thing is, I think that you should write this down."

Han motioned at Seungmin to pick up a pen with his eyes wide open in impatience.

"I also reaalllly think you should be at an alley in Dogok-ro, road 77, tonight at 11pm. Oh, and come alone. Don't take your little crew with you, because that wouldn't be good for anyone."

"Who. is. this?"

"If you get lost, you'll know exactly where to be by following the screams."
The voice laughed quietly but manically, and then hung up before Han could do anything.

The four guys were all staring at Han in silence.

"I think I know who that was." He stated.

_______________________________________

"Now, why on earth would you say that??" Hyunjin snapped at Minho, and instantly regretted raising his voice.

They were all sitting on the old, grey living room couches, Minho holding a phone, and Changbin sitting uncomfortably close to Soonie's climbing tree spot. He was leering at the cat who was staring right back at him.

Minho scoffed at Hyunjin like he couldn't believe he had just questioned him.
"Because I have a plan. And the upper hand. And I want to have some fun."

What Minho didn't say out loud was that he secretly longed for the rush of getting chased. The risk of getting caught. He wanted to live for it, as much as he lived for his mission.

"What's the plan?" I.N asked carefully.

Minho smirked.

"I want that detective. First I want him to think that his plan is working out. And then I'm going to watch a smug smile fade off his face as I hold a gun to his head."

Minho stopped to think.

"But that's not it. I'm not going to kill him just yet. I'm going to take him with me, and watch his team struggle trying to find us.

I'll break him, and then I'll kill him. Or let him go, it depends." Minho explained light mindedly.

"As for the how... I.N? You have our next guy's location ready, right?"

"Mhmm." I.N nodded.

"Good. Us three,"
Minho pointed to Changbin and Hyunjin.
"Are going to lure them there with the screams of the victim. Have a little fun in the process. I.N, you'll keep watch, and when they park their cars, which, If they're smart enough, there will be two of, and start approaching us, you'll call me, and then we run.
Let them chase us.
Then we hide. They'll run around trying to find us, but they can't.
And when they give up, we'll follow their leader to his car, which will be far away from his crew's, and catch him.

Clear enough?"

_______________________________________

"It's okay, we've still got the upper hand here," Han reassured.

"How?" Felix asked.

"They don't know how long I've been waiting to kick someone's ass.
And also, we're pretty good at our job."

Chan gently squeezed Felix's arm. The touch was meant to comfort the boy who was standing next to him, but really it was Chan himself who seemed stressed.

"There's no way we're letting you go alone like he told you to. That's way too risky." Seungmin said.

"Yeah, I'll get to that... But first I need to know, are you all absolutely sure you're up for this? Because I can't have anyone back out on me halfway through."

All three nodded, but what none of them would have guessed is that eventually,
it'd be Han himself who breaks that promise.

~