chapter 3

-•°~♡~°•-

"You can't tell me you're not intrigued." Han said to Seungmin.

"Well it's definitely not boring like I worried about, I'll tell you that."

Felix was scrunching his nose at the smell while he was crouched over the victim. He was careful not to step in the puddle of blood that surrounded the body.

"His eyes are untouched."

He looked closer.
"The smile... I think it was carved with a gill hibben- karambit knife. You can tell that the blade was curved."

"Chan, tell Neo's group to start going through every seller with karambit knifes in their selection, and to see who their buyers were in the last month." Said Han, who was watching Felix work closely.

"Shit, that's a lot of work. I'm glad I'm not one of them."

"Yeah, well, we have to start somewhere."

Seungmin snapped a picture of the smile.
"I'd tell him to say cheese, but he's already smiling..."

"Oh shut up." Felix slapped him on the shoulder.

_______________________________________

Minho woke up to the sun shining on his face through the dirty, light blue tinted window. He was sleeping in a bed that only left room for a small nightstand, a closet and a narrow space to stand in the tiny, messy room.

There was no door, just a metal plate that he moved in front of the doorway for some privacy.

Although it was messy, Minho wasn't an unhygienic person. He sat up on his bed between the clean sheets and slicked his hair back with his fingers. The little rose tattoo on his ring finger disappeared into his hair.

He got up and headed downstairs to take a quick shower. He'd taken one last night too to wash away the blood on his face and hands, but he just felt like a shower would wake him up properly.

Leaving his room, he'd slipped past his metal plate door and I.N's room to get to the stairs. The walls of the building the guys lived in together were once white, but they'd been spray painted by the previous owners. Previous owners, who also apparently had some anger issues based on the number of holes in the walls.

Their "house" was an old storage building that had been adapted to a living space. It was located on the edge of the city, in a convenient little hiding spot where people rarely walked by.

Minho got in the shower and let the warm water sprinkle on his face from the rusty showerhead. He closed his eyes, focused on the droplets and let himself forget about everything else for a second. The water ran across his fit body, the snake tattoo on his neck, and the dragon tattoo on his left chest.

He came out of the bathroom with a white towel wrapped around his waist, heading straight towards the kitchen.
It was pretty clean since I.N cleaned up and did the dishes late last night. He'd gone to bed really late too, which explained why he was still sleeping.

Hyunjin was sitting on the kitchen table and eating a bowl of bibimbap.

"Morning." He said pouting with his mouth full of food, staring at Minho's half naked body shamelessly.

Minho shook some water out of his wet, messy hair and opened the fridge.
His earrings dangled around with his hair as he moved his head.

"Morning," he replied without looking at Hyunjin.

He grabbed a drink from the almost empty fridge, closed the door and then moved to look around for cat treats in the cupboard.

He grabbed a few and then walked away towards the living room, where his little babies Soonie, Doongie and Dori had taken over.

They were all peacefully lying around in their climbing tree in the corner of the living room.
When they heard Minho approach them and saw he had snacks, they all jumped down one at a time and gathered around their human, meowing in desperate need of treats.

Minho kneeled on the floor and opened the first little long rectangle shaped treat. A soft smile spread on his face as he fed them in turns, watching them lick the food off with their little tongues. A smile you would never see on his face otherwise.

"Which one of them is Dori?" Changbin had sneaked behind Minho's back.

"The brown, white and black one."

"Oh yeah. He's my favorite." Changbin said cutely, and reached down to pat him.

"Ow!" He pulled his hand back very quickly.

Dori didn't exactly feel the same way about Changbin, and had scratched him on his palm.

"Haven't I warned you, they don't like you." Minho chuckled as Changbin acted deeply hurt.
"They don't like anyone."

"Whatever. At least Hyunjin does."
Changbin smiled cunningly and walked off to the kitchen, his eyes locked on his next target.

"You ate it all, look. No more left." Minho babbled to his cats after a while.
He pat Soonie on the head and then got up, deciding to finally go put his clothes on.

At the top of the stairs he met a fluffy haired, puffy eyed I.N coming out of his room yawning.

"Morning." Minho said moving his metal plate door. "Go downstairs. The others are already there, and I'll come down in a second."

"For what?" I.N asked with his morning voice.

"I'll explain downstairs."

After a moment, they were all sitting around the kitchen table, I.N eating his breakfast and Changbin hugging Hyunjin's arm.

"I just wanted to let you know that we are apparently being chased by the police now." Minho said blankly, leaning on the table.

"How do you know?" Hyunjin asked.

"Uhh... remember Ji-hoon, that one old friend of mine? One of his guys saw us go in that building last night because he lived next door.
He said that the next day there were detectives who found the body."
It took a while for Minho to finish his sentence, which made Changbin squint his eyes slightly in suspicion.

"Shit." Hyunjin raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah, well." Minho said nonchalantly.
"It's not the whole police force. We can take them down if they come too close."

I.N was stuffing his face with cereal with a concerned look on his face.

"We'll be going out again today. I'm in the mood to toy with that detective. We'll see how long he can last trying to catch me." Minho continued with a faint smile on his lips.

~