chapter 33

Hi my loves

It's been a while, hasn't it?

First of all I'm alive and I've missed you to death and I'm also really really sorry

I haven't opened this app in months and to be honest I haven't written a word during this time either. There's been a lot of shit weighing me down in my life and the creative block just won't let me go ffs
I just want to thank everyone so so much for your sweet messages and comments, I'm sorry I've ignored you but I will try to reply to everyone soon... I just appreciate you so much you don't even know.

I miss writing criminal like hell and I want to continue, so if there's anyone still out there I WILL NOT DROP THIS WORK!! I promise you.

-•°~♡~°•-

When Jisung knocks on the door he once used to dream of using as an escape route, the weather is sunny in a strange contrast to his mood.

It would be more fitting if it was cloudy or freezing cold or there was a raging thunderstorm above his head, but there's not, and he feels awfully strange looking at the building and it's concrete walls bathing in the early morning sun.

"Detective?"

Changbin's the one who opens the door for him, carefully, and Jisung instinctively relaxes his shoulders a little.
Dori, the youngest of Minho's rescued cats, walks up to the doorway and observes their guest safely from behind Changbin's legs. The man glances at his feet doubtfully and then gulps, lifting his eyes back to Han.

"I would ask you why you're here, but..." Changbin shrugs.

Han almost smiles at him.
"Hi."

Dori takes a few graceful steps past Changbin and begins rubbing himself against Han's leg, purring contently. Han crouches down to pet him.

"Is he here?" He asks quietly, fingers buried into the cat's fur.

Changbin's budding smile drops, and he's glad the other is focusing on the cat instead of him.

"...Uh, no. Come in."

Han's figured out something's not right by the time Changbin has made him sit on their couch, I.N's come downstairs and Hyunjin's put out his cigarette, all three with uncharacteristically glum expressions on their faces.

"What?" He asks, growing more anxious by the second.
The only ones seemingly unaware of the heavy atmosphere in the room are Minho's cats, who have happily conquered Jisung's lap.

Hyunjin suddenly looks like he's bursting at the seams, and as he opens his mouth, I.N sighs.

"Is Lixie okay? Where is Chan now?" Hyunjin's voice is a little strained, undoubtedly with worry, and Han feels a spike of sympathy pierce his chest.

"He's okay, I promise. ...Chan, he's uh, he's been arrested. By Felix, actually. I swear I tried to stop him, really, but he's just..."
He takes a deep breath, Hyunjin's eyes feeling heavy on him.

"He's kind of... well, really angry. With Chan but also with me and you. I'm sorry, but he went rogue and questioned Chan and he knows now..."

Hyunjin's buried his face in his palms and Han's voice dies out.

There's a deep cut on I.N's cheekbone that Han notices when he turns to look at him. It's fresh, and the boy seems to be careful with how much he moves his face as he speaks.
"Minho's been gone for two nights in a row. Hasn't told us where he is, probably hasn't slept or eaten anything either." His nostrils are flared. "He's lost it-"