chapter 10

-•°~♡~°•-

Han tried to not lose his mind. Time passed painfully slowly when spent tied up in a dark room with nothing to distract yourself with.
Han's only company were his thoughts, and not a single one of them was optimistic.

He'd eaten the food Changbin brought him hours ago, and even got some sleep.
Then he'd crawled to the left side of the room and was now leaning on the concrete wall, his head resting on his shoulder as he was about to doze off again.

He woke up to a bony hand on his shoulder.

Seeing a brown and white ring on the long fingers of the hand, he winced away realizing it wasn't Changbin.

Looking up, he saw a tall, blonde guy with slender eyes staring at him.

"Sorry to wake you up, detective,"
He smirked, tilting his head.
"But you have to come with me."

Han fluttered his eyes as he tried to get them adjusted to the lights.
The blonde had let him off the chains, tied his hands again with rope and then brought him out of the cellar.

The smell of food hit his nose.

The space he was in right now was something that closely resembled a living room...
only it seemed to be taken over by cats?

Hyunjin made him sit down on one of the couches, which was insanely comfortable after sleeping on a cold, rock hard floor. He wanted to sink into it and drift back to sleep, but  instead he tried to shake off the sleepiness and stay on his guard as he heard speech coming from his right.

He looked in that direction, noticing the smell of food was also coming from there, and saw a kitchen, surprisingly clean and organized. There were ingredients on the table, sauce bottles, herbs, even meat, which made Han's mouth water.

A man was standing on the right side of the kitchen, in front of the stove. His back was facing Han, but that didn't stop him from recognizing him. The man's silver earrings, the tattoo on his neck... everything about him gave him away.

Minho was humming a mellow tune softly, a towel on his shoulder, as he fried onions and mushrooms on a hot pan.

Han watched him in shock.

Changbin came down the stairs and entered the kitchen, sitting down on a kitchen chair and saying something to Minho.

Han had considered Changbin a relatively good guy, so seeing him get close and talk to Minho in such a friendly manner made Han feel a little betrayed.

Hearing Changbin Minho turned around smiling, letting Han see his side profile. He replied something to Changbin who laughed and then grabbed a small spice container.

Han watched his light manners not understanding how this was the same person who murdered all those people, kidnapped him and cut him. He looked like a normal human being.

Minho was very aware of Han's eyes on him, watching his every move with mixed feelings. He smiled to himself and kept cooking, purposefully not paying any attention to him.

Hyunjin sat on the backrest, at first observing Han amused by his shock, but then going into the kitchen and joining into the conversation Minho and Changbin were having as he felt the urge to add onto the joke.

Han watched the three laugh at their jokes, not really understanding what their conversation was about.

"He sounded more like this..." Changbin said, making a moaning sound and pointing at Hyunjin.

"No I didn't! I don't moan like that!" Hyunjin laughed.

Changbin grabbed a kitchen knife from Minho's hand as the tattooed man was about to use it to chop up some chili.

"What was he doing to make you sound like that, huh?" He teased Hyunjin.
"This?" He licked the knife in a way that made the action look lewd.

"Stop that, idiot!" Hyunjin yelled.

Minho grabbed the knife back and wiped it against the towel on his shoulder.
"Fucking crackheads." He mumbled to himself as he cut up the chili.

After Minho made Changbin set the table and Hyunjin to help with some final touches on the food, He called out cheerfully;

"The food is ready! Everyone, let's eat!"

Then he shook his head and added, a little less cheerfully;

"I.N, get down here you punk!"

Han could've never imagined
that the call was directed towards him as well, no.
Not until Minho directed his gaze towards Han for the first time in that room, raised his eyebrows, and said something surprisingly softly;

"You too, little detective."
He urged Han to come to the table.

In the back, a younger, raven haired boy came down the stairs with a hood over his messy hair.
He yawned and then slumped on the nearest kitchen chair.

Han was surprised and hesitating to move, and Minho turned to look at him again after taking off I.N's hood and making the boy grunt in annoyance.

"Well? Aren't you hungry?"

Han got up, forcing himself to detach from the soft couch.
He was hungry.
And also scared that if he didn't do as he was told, he'd suffer for it.

He looked around, slowly walking over to the kitchen.

Changbin looked at Han and pat the seat next to him, urging Han to sit there.
Han sat down carefully, extra aware of how close he now was to these people.

Changbin had set down all the food on the middle of the table, and it made Han's mouth water even more now that it was all right in front of him.

I.N started putting food on his platter first, indiscriminately, with Hyunjin and Changbin then following him.

Minho was sitting opposite to Han, wondering why he was only staring at the food, and then soon realizing his hands were still tied up.

"Oh I'm very sorry, I completely forgot." He said and got up, walking over to Han.
Then he kneeled next to him, startling the boy with his closeness.
Minho just chuckled at him and started undoing the rope around his wrists.
He freed him without hesitation.

Han's heart started to beat faster. He was now completely unrestrained. Everyone was sitting down, and no one was blocking his way to the door he'd noticed while observing the space earlier.

Minho went back to his seat and started taking food completely ignoring Han.
He didn't seem worried - in fact he didn't seem to care at all.

Han's palms were sweating as he forgot about the food for a second completely. Should he try to take a run for it?

Minho was looking down at his plate, stuffing a piece of mushroom into his mouth.

"The door is locked." He said quietly and grabbed a piece of meat between his chopsticks.

~