chapter 16

-•°~♡~°•-

Han's hands were clenched into tight fists as Minho moved his head to lift his gaze from the dead body to Han.

Minho licked the blood off of his knife.

The others started slowly moving around, stretching their arms with lingering smiles on their faces, but Minho and Han stood where they were, glaring at each other.

Han opened his mouth, and Minho rolled his eyes expecting a long complaint.

"What is wrong with you?"

Minho shrugged as an answer.

"He should've been taken to the police-" Minho started walking away from Han who was almost steaming from anger at being ignored in the middle of his sentence.
Han ran after him.

"This isn't the right way to deal with criminals. They get what they deserve in front of a judge, not your knife. You're unbelievably arrogant and ignorant and stupid to-" Han spoke heatedly.

Minho sighed, the detective getting on his nerves.

"And a kids playground out of all places? Really? Do you-"

Minho turned around, and made Han stop in his tracks a little surprised.

"So what? I. really. don't. care."

Han took a step back.
"You don't have to do this. These people belong in the hands of the law system."

"And what good have those hands ever gotten done, huh?"
Minho's eyes glistened in anger.
"The system that runs this world is full of evil. Child molesters as important politicians, sex offenders as presidents." Minho yelled. "Nobody does anything.
And nobody cares when innocent people die or suffer. They only care about cases that will make them famous. Nobody cares about catching school bullies or exploiters or rapists. No one cares. The police is no good. You're no good." Minho poked Han's chest.
"Don't tell me what's right or wrong. You have no idea."

Han stared at him quietly. He wanted to tell Minho how much the police gets done and how wrong he is, but he couldn't. The system was all he trusted, all he knew to be justice... But from that moment on, in the back of his mind, a little creature of doubt started whispering to him.

Minho was breathing heavily, and the heads of his whole group had turned to face him and Han.

"You have no idea."
He walked away and left Han alone with his racing heart.

_______________________________________

"What do you think?" Seungmin smirked.

"That is terrifying. Delete immediately."

Seungmin was showing Felix a picture that he secretly took of him when he was talking to Chan, and he found it insanely funny.

"I really look like that?"

"When you're close to him, yes. Your face always turns red and you look like you've seen an angel or something," Seungmin laughed.

"This is so embarrassing. He must know." Felix squeezed his head in distress, whining.

"So what? Maybe you'll finally get laid."

"Seungmin!"

"Oh come on, it's so easy to read your facial expressions. I can literally see your thoughts when you're with him, you look all hungry, and definitely not for food-"

Felix smacked his arm.
"Shut up, delete the picture and focus on these lab reports!"

"Ow!"

Suddenly someone stormed into the lab, startling the two bickering scientists.
Chan was out of breath due to running to them, and he started explaining hastily:

"They- it's a new one, on a playground. A new body. They did- they did it again."

Seungmin glanced worriedly at Felix, who swallowed loudly, his eyebrows furrowed in concern.

In the car on their way to the scene at the playground, Felix's phone vibrated in the pocket of his jacket. Another message. Unknown number.

"Drop the case. Please, Lixie."

Felix's heart sank to his stomach. No one called him that. Nobody but one person.

"Are you okay Felix?" Chan asked the blonde sitting next to him noticing his expression.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

_______________________________________

The drive back home had been quiet.  Han had sat in the front seat this time, not sure why he had such a privilege but knowing better than to question Minho.

I.N went straight up to his room, Changbin to the fridge and Hyunjin threw himself on the couch dramatically.

"Aahhhh. I'm tired." He said to no one.

Han was unsure. This wasn't his home. And it had been made very clear that he was on thin ice anyway. But he did feel a little thirsty.

A hand landed on his shoulder.
"Detective. Go take a shower. You reek."

And who's fault is that?
Han wanted to snap back, but he didn't. Instead he just nodded.

"I'll get you a towel. You know where the bathroom is."

Han lowered his head and started walking down the hall to the smashed bathroom door.

There was still some of Han's blood on the floor, no one had bothered to clean it up. Trying his best to ignore it and the fresh memories it brought up, Han took off his hoodie and started unbuckling his belt.

"Here's your towel."

Minho stood behind him with a grey towel in his hand, leaning on the door frame and staring at Han's body with a subtle smirk on his lips.

"Thank you." Han said, feeling exposed. He waited for a second for Minho to leave, but he just stared back at him.

"Well? Aren't you going to shower?"

"I am, so some privacy please?"

Minho chuckled.
"Privacy? Oh, like last time when you ended up hanging halfway outside from that window?"

"I-"

"Just shower. I'm not a pervert, I'll just stand here to make sure you don't try anything stupid again."

"Not a pervert? You're kidding me, right?"
Han blurted, rolling his eyes, tired of everything.

Then he tried to snatch the towel from Minho's hand.

"I can be one if you want me to."
Minho's low voice and surprising words sent shivers through Han's body, both of them now holding onto the towel.

Minho tugged on it slightly, and Han had to take a step towards him to hold on.

"Do you want me to?"

~