chapter 9

-•°~♡~°•-

Han was laying on the cold floor, left alone in the room for what Han estimated to be hours. He was incredibly tired, but couldn't sleep due to his stress levels being so high. He had been kidnapped, after all. He also just didn't have the motivation to try to escape. His limbs were still tied, and he wasn't a fan of dislocating his thumbs in order to free his hands especially since he was still locked in a room with no escape route. He hit his fists on the ground out of frustration, and the chains attached to his wrists rattled as he moved.

Then, suddenly, the door opened again, letting light in the basement for a second until someone closed it behind them again. Han squinted his eyes, expecting to see Minho again.
Who he saw instead was the broad- shouldered, short guy he remembered from earlier, carrying a tray and a first aid kit.

Changbin was a part of a group of serial killers, yes, but he wasn't heartless. At least not as heartless as Minho. Actually, he was secretly a bit of a softie.
He saw Han laying on the floor in pain, his forehead sweaty, his shirt ripped apart and and his skin looking pale, and instantly felt bad for the detective.

He walked over to Han and crouched down next to him, placing the food tray on the ground. Han stared at Changbin in disbelief, suspicious.

"Go ahead and eat, it's not poisoned."

Staring at the food Han realized how hungry he was. He hadn't eaten in god knows how long.
He didn't touch it.

"Okay then."
Changbin opened the first aid kit, pulling out a disinfectant and some cotton wipes. He dropped to his knees, reaching for Han's side to clean his wound.

Han flinched away, not wanting anyone to touch him.

Changbin rolled his eyes.
"What, do you want it to get infected and die? Let me take care of it."

Han found it impossible to accept the thought that Changbin was trying to actually be nice to him.

"Come on now. Lift that piece of your shirt for me."

Han pondered his options. As suspicious as he was of Changbin, he finally decided to let him help. He knew what he'd said was true; the wound was painful already as it was, but sweat and bacteria had gotten into it, and it would get infected if not taken care of.

Han slowly lifted his tattered shirt, revealing the cut covered in dried blood.

Changbin nodded and started wiping it clean.

After a while of cleaning and Han taking sharp breaths in through his teeth and grimacing at the pain, Changbin took out some bandages and urged Han to sit up.

Han did just that, and Changbin wrapped the bandages around his torso.
Then he put his supplies back into the box and stood up.

Before leaving the room, he remarked;
"You should really eat."

Then he closed the door behind him again.

_______________________________________

Felix stared at Chan, who was having yet another phone call on the other side of the room.

The three guys were finally at the location that Neo had given them.

The shop was small and old, and when they had entered it the old, scrawny man behind the counter had threatened them with a gun.
When he realized they were cops, he slowly put it down like nothing had happened, his wrinkly face looking gloomy.

"Listen, they will start asking questions. Are you sure you're thinking clearly?"
Felix heard Chan say on the phone before he noticed Felix was approaching him.

"Think." Chan said shortly and ended the call pressing the red button.

Felix was annoyed Chan wasn't paying attention to the thing they were supposed to do - question the old man. He was about to tell Chan to end the call and focus, but hearing a piece of the conversation he grew curious.

"Who are you talking to?"

"Uh... my... my Ex." Chan said unsurely.

Felix's heart sank through the floor.

"Oh."

Felix didn't know if Chan was gay, but despite that he thought that Chan had been giving him clear signals; helping him, smiling to him, grabbing his waist (not like he was counting, but twice). His hopes had been slowly going up like an elevator, but now Chan had cut the cords and the elevator was dropping down quickly.
His ex.

Then Felix asked a question, not caring about whether it was inappropriate.
"...Who is she?"

Chan had been secretly pleased that Felix had looked upset receiving his answer, and now he was asking questions too, clearly jealous. Chan suppressed a little smile.

"I'd rather not speak about him."

Him?
"Right, sorry."

A million thoughts raced through Felix's head at that moment, but he decided it was best to shut them away for now. He could think about it later.

"Come, the guy's about to finally tell Seungmin about the knives. It took a while to get him to trust us."

"Okay."

They walked back to Seungmin, who was currently trying to get the yelling elder to calm down.

"Sir, you will not get in trouble if you tell us about the-"

"NO!! You young men just want to shut down my business, I won't have it!"
The man screamed.

"I thought you got him to calm down," Felix whispered to Seungmin, who dropped his head in frustration.

"Yeah, well,"
Seungmin sighed.
"Apparently my charm stopped working."

Felix sighed, then turning to speak to the man.

"Sir, we really-"
He took a few steps closer, which was a mistake.

The elder ran behind his counter and pulled out his gun again, pointing it at Felix, who's eyes widened.

Chan suddenly stepped in front of Felix, raising his hands as a gesture of peace.

"Now now, sir, please put the gun down."
He put on his friendliest, most welcoming face.
"No need to shoot anyone."

The man stared at him.

Meanwhile, Felix was standing behind Chan's wide back, smelling his perfume, his heart beating like crazy. He couldn't comprehend the fact that even though he knew the man wasn't going to actually shoot him, Chan was still ready to step in front of a gun for him.

The man lowered the gun slowly, looking at Chan.

~