chapter 18

-•°~♡~°•-

Hyunjin's head felt like it was on fire as he walked down the street. He'd stormed out of the house after his argument with Minho and was now furiously stomping away without a destination.

See, he did know Felix and him were done. Had been for a long time. And he was okay with it, really.
However he had no idea Felix had been moving on all this time.
And he might've been able to ease into that thought too, if it wasn't for Minho and the way he worded things.

He'd made it sound like Felix was happily falling for someone who only thought of him as something to fuck. And it made Hyunjin so, so angry.
He clenched his jaw.

Obviously Chan wasn't like that. He really does like Felix. But Hyunjin only knows what Minho so generously told him.

It was late.

He walked and walked until he couldn't feel his feet or his face, partly due to the cold weather and partly due to other more complex reasons.

Exhausted, he leaned against the white concrete wall of a building he'd never seen before and slowly sank down to sit on the cold ground.

Eventually the anger was just a sheer curtain over his head and gave way to memories that Hyunjin was too tired to push away again.

"You're doing it wrong," Felix giggled softly.

He was sat on a white couch, observing the boy on his right with a glimmer in his smiley eyes.

"I know you feel cool, but you're supposed to use both of your hands to hold it." He laughed again.

"No, this is good." Hyunjin pointed the empty gun in his hand and squinted his eyes as if he was aiming it at an enemy.

"Pew!" He pulled the trigger and acted like the gun kicked back at him. Then he turned to look at Felix with a wide smile on his lips that reached his eyes.

"Lix, if you become a cop, I'll have to be like your cool sidekick who helps you investigate things." Hyunjin stated.

"And occasionally offers some cuddles and kisses?"

"Without question."

"Then I'll make sure to become a cop."

Felix smiled his sweetest smile as Hyunjin handed the gun back to him.

And then another.

"Look. I have something for you." Hyunjin said softly.

"Hm?" Felix looked up at him with the most beautifully confused expression ever.

Hyunjin grabbed the younger's hand and placed something small in his palm. Felix looked at it carefully.

A white and brown ring, smooth, shiny and beautiful in it's simplicity. Felix stared at it, mesmerized.

"For me?"

"Of course."

Felix couldn't hide his excitement.

"Aww, Hyunjin-ah, it's so pretty! I'll never take it off!" He babbled as he placed it on his small finger. Then he lifted his hand and admired it under the sunlight shining through the window.

Suddenly Hyunjin placed his hand against Felix's raised one, making Felix's look ridiculously small next to his long fingers.
Observing the size difference, Felix noticed an identical white and brown ring on Hyunjin's finger.

Hyunjin smiled.

"A couple ring!? Even better!" Felix squealed and threw himself against Hyunjin for a breathtakingly tight (literally) hug.

And then another. And another.

It hurt. It was like a floodgate was opened and a rush of these beautifully painful memories overwhelmed and consumed him. It wasn't without reason he usually kept these things buried deep and stopped them from rising to the surface.

He rested his head against the wall.

Changbin had happened to be walking away from Hyunjin and Minho's argument just when Han got out of the shower. Changbin passed the bathroom without thinking but then halted as he remembered Han was in there. He took a few steps back and hid behind the half-open, broken door. Then he hesitantly peeked in through a wider crack in it.

Han was wearing his towel around his waist, water dripping from his hair onto his shoulders. He was standing in place, thinking no one saw him, and as he carefully glanced at the window it was clear to Changbin as to which debate Han was currently going through in his head.

The moment at which Han decided against escape was also clear, and it made Changbin smile to himself. He slid away from the door and continued his way down the hall.

Han realized the yelling had quieted down, which made him think Minho would be back in no time. That thought didn't exactly appeal to him, because no matter how much he wanted to deny it, he wasn't sure if he trusted himself enough to be alone with Minho in a hot, steamy bathroom while only wearing a towel.

Han did take pride in his self-control, but maybe not that much.

So, he shook his head to make the excess water leave his hair - and also just to clear his thoughts a little, it was no secret he hadn't gotten any action in a while and it was apparently really starting to mess with his head - and left the bathroom.

Minho kicked a kitchen chair so hard it flew over. He couldn't stand Hyunjin's whining, and it had been going on forever in slowly increasing amounts. This was his breaking point, and assumably Minho's too with the way he was cursing under his breath.

The cursing came to an instant end though as Minho looked up to see Han shivering and hiding behind a corner awkwardly.

Minho was surprised for a bit and cleared his throat just as awkwardly as he tried to cover up the fact that his eyes tried to wander off to somewhere else than Han's face.

"Uh... Could I maybe get some clean clothes?" Han asked carefully.
He had watched Minho pace around the kitchen and kick the chair earlier and was strongly regretting his decision to leave the warm bathroom.

"Sure, detective," Minho put on a tired, sarcastic smile.
"Just follow me upstairs."

"Okay."
Han said and began to walk up the stairs after Minho.

Soon his eyes widened as he saw Minho move the metal plate door to the room Han had slept in.

"Not that you're a stranger to my room, little sleeping beauty, but welcome in anyway." Minho raised his eyebrows.

And in horror Han realized that what he had assumed to be Changbin's room this whole time was actually Minho's. The sheets that had smelled so nice, and the hoodie with the same scent too.
All Minho's.

~