:Chapter One:

"I'm leaving!" I shouted so my mother could hear my voice all the way to the kitchen where she is currently in. All I heard from her is a feint 'Take care' as I tapped my shoe on the pavement and bowed my head to look at the dusty-leather shoes I am wearing.

I opened the gate to our house and made way to my school. I gazed up to look at the sky, cherry blossoms fall down as the wind blew. A sigh escaped my lips as thoughts ran inside my mind. A new life in Tokyo. New school and new identity. Since nobody knows me here, I promised my mom to change my attitude and make friends. But because of the situation my family is in, I think I can't change my bad attitude. It's hard for a person to change what he is already used to.

I shrugged the thought out of my mind and continued my silent walk to the train station. As I walked silently, I roamed my eyes and looked at everyone who I passed by. It may seem like I'm observing them, so I could easily adapt to the new surrounding I am in.

But looking at the people here made me a little bit skirmish, so I just bent my head low and continued to walk without looking where I am going. Good thing though that I already arrived at the train station so no more worries. But then again, if there's good luck, there's bad luck.

"Ouch." I rubbed my aching nose as I took a step back. Because of my clumsiness and spacing out, I suddenly bumped into someone's hard back. But of course, because of my pride, I tend to blame the person I bumped into.

I was about to speak and curse him when my eyes made contact with his green orbs. My eyes roamed around the male as they twinkle in astonishment. I must say I was starstruck. He has short-green hair that is parted to the left and it seems that his hair didn't reach his eyes. He's quite big and tall. He also wears glasses that are all framed except the top. Breath-taken, I froze and just stood there like a statue as my eyes are still glued to him.

He glared at me but didn't say a word and adjusted his glasses using his left hand with taped fingers while he turned his back. I blinked two times and regained my composure, my breathing coming back to normal. I 'tsk'-ed and headed my way to the train as I held my ticket in my hands.

What would school be like?

***

I arrived to school ten minutes early and went too the principal's office to ask him where my class is. I knocked on the door and slid it open, revealing a tall figure staring out of the window.

The principal turned around and greeted me a warm, welcoming smile. He gave me a piece of paper and asked me to give it to the teacher present in the room and told me that he can't take me to my classroom. I don't know the reason but I agreed to it. Besides, I can't do anything about it, he's the principal. I have to follow.

I arrived at my room after ten minutes of looking for it. Good thing that there are teachers and some students that I can ask for directions. If none, I could get lost. Anyhow, I knocked on the door and in just seconds, it swooshed open, revealing me a tall, yet lady-like figure of a woman. She gave me a smile as a welcome to the room. I gave her the paper, shaking, and she happily took it in my hands and read it.

"You must be the transfer student." she said, her eyes still on the white paper. A smile once again formed on her face, dropping her hands and the small paper in her hands to her side. "Well, come in, Yuki-san." The teacher let me inside the classroom and asked me to introduce myself to the whole classroom.

She wrote my name on the black board and signaled me to go further. I took in some air first before I could speak. My knees suddenly became wobbly like gelatin and my hands are already shaking.

"Um..." I started as my eyes started to roam all around the room, remembering the faces of my new classmates. "My n-name is Yuki Miyuki. I yu-used to study in a-Akita before I came here." I felt like my head's about to explode and a big lump suddenly appeared on my throat. I inhaled again and continued. "I'm looking forward to be in this class." I bowed to show gratitude, but in reality, I'm just showing what they wanted to see. Besides, I told you, I made a promise and I'm fulfilling it.