:Chapter Nineteen:

"Okay," I started as each player gave me their full attention, anticipating for the information I'm about to give them. I flipped my notebook open and read it, saying each words clear and out loud. "Yukimura High's basketball team just formed this year. They had little to no background. The only thing I could dig up was about their first year center, Miyamura Aki, who played as a center for a powerhouse in junior high school." I closed my notebook and gave them all a nod. "He's good but his teammates... I'm not sure."

"But we couldn't let our guard down." Otsubo-senpai intervened, speaking loud and clear, eyeing his teammates with intensity. "Just because they just formed this year we have to look down on them. Their center's good, and though we don't know how his teammates play, we should still be ready for the unexpected."

As he paused, everyone made a circle. I stepped out and watched them hurdle with the intensity of team spirit radiating out of them.

I could feel the nerves getting to me again. My heart started to beat faster and my knees turning to jelly. I know I don't have to feel like this because I know they've done their best for this moment, and I know they can do it.

I was immediately drifted away from my thoughts. The game finally started with a tip-off and we were lucky to get the ball.

The information I got was correct; their center was amazing. You could tell he played for a powerhouse because of his exceptal skills he showed at this game, while his team played fairly―they were good but more ordinary than I'd expected.

Midorima-kun jumped as he shot the ball for a three. The hoop swished as the ball dropped at a high arc. Everyone howled, everyone clapped, and everyone stared at the green-head with awe. He was a member of the famous Generation of Miracles and it was expected of him to play like that, but nevertheless he was amazing.

As I reached out a bottle of water, Takao-kun took one and drank from it, while Midorima-kun wiped his sweat with a towel that he got from the bench.

"Good work." I said and Takao-kun grinned.

"Wasn't I amazing?" He asked smugly.

I rolled my eyes with a smile on my face. "Whatever. You're just a tool to win the game."

"You put it in a harsh way." He pouted and wiped his sweat. "Just admit that I was amazing."

"Then what?" I crossed my hands and beamed a mocking smile. "Your ego will grow? No thanks."

"It's time to leave, Yuki." Miyaji-senpai suddenly intervened as he walked passed us.

A chill ran down my spine and I immediately started packing with Takao-kun immediately started fixing his stuff. "Yes." We said in unison.

And we headed out in lightning speed.

***

The team kept on winning with few problems coming our way. As the other players panic over small things, the team captain, some seniors, and also Midorima-kun kept calm as they dealt it with ease. They thought of strategies and elaborated a plan to win against strong opponents they faced. With these plans and strategies, they won without any questions.

Most of the time Midorina-kun didn't play, stating 'it's not my lucky day' or somewhere near that. He'd carry his 'lucky item', and before a game, he'd be filing his nails and taping his fingers. I thought it was weird in the beginning but I guess you get used to it after a while of being with him on the same team.

With one last shoot from an upperclassman, the team started to cheer in joy. Midorima-kun sat down on this one game because it wasn't his lucky day. As everyone was in high spirits, cheering with joy and victory, he was there with his nonchalant face, his left hand adjusting his eyeglasses.