:Chapter Three:

"What?" I asked, almost in a whisper that I, alone, can hear the word I've said. My brain cannot accept that the man I despised the most is looking for me and my mother.

The man right in front of me sighed as he took hold of my right hand in his, trying to comfort me. Suddenly, my breathing quickened as tears almost sprung out of my widened eyes. "Calm down." he said in a soft manner, patting my back with his other hand. "That's the reason why I asked you to come with me. So you can't see him."

Then suddenly, the conversation with the greenette earlier flashed in my mind like a DVD being played by a DVD player.

"I'm saying, something bad will happen to you, so you better have a handkerchief if you want to counter that."

I checked my bag and my skirt's pocket if I bought a handkerchief with me today. But it seems I forgot my lucky hankie with me. The only handkerchief that brought calmness whenever I'm not... Okay. My heart began to beat faster this time. I clutched my chest tight and pounded it as hard as I can, thinking that pounding it with my fist can calm my heart down.

But what really struck me was what that guy named Midorima Shintaro just said earlier in the gymnasium. Something bad will happen to me today and this is it? The man I despised the most is looking for me?

"Come on." Ryuu-san held my hand and pulled me away from school. "Your mother just sent me a message and it said that he's coming here to get you."

I pulled my hand away from him, my head bent low. Instantly, my hands turned into a tight fist as my whole body tremble in anger. "No." I said in a low tone that he only can hear. "I won't run away again. I've been running away from him everyday of my life, leaving my mother all alone to deal with this."

"But-" Ryuu-san was about to disagree with me when I looked at him straight in the eye.

"Don't worry, Ryuu-san. I'll get this over with as soon as it's done." My eyes soften as I tried to reassure him as smile appeared on my cold face. Still, his eyes has this tint of doubt in them but I brushed them off of his face by holding his right hand in a gentle way. "Ryuu-san, I promise."

He sighed in defeat as he let go of a reassured smile. "Okay. I'll just go back to the faculty room. Wait for your mother to arrive." he patted me like I'm a little puppy and went on his way. Sometimes I doubt if he's just a family friend or is he my brother. Actually, he worries much more than my mother.

I leaned my body on the concrete wall while I waited for my mother to arrive. Ten minutes has passed and yet my mother's still not here. I was about to leave when I car suddenly beeps it's horn, making me jump in surprise. I was about to scold the driver when the window to the driver's seat opened. "Miyuki." The man in the car said with a wide, happy smile.

I just froze there, staring right at him. "Papa." I whispered, as my hands again clenched in a tight fist.

I heard the door to the passenger's seat in the front open, revealing a mother-like structure of the woman I've been with through the hard times. My mother ran right in front of me and tackled me into a tight hug. "Miyuki-chan." She whispered right into my ear.

I lightly took her hands off that are currently enveloping my body. I stared at her for a moment before I shifted my eyes to look at the guy who is right behind my mother with a small smile. I glared at him, sending his smile into a frown, looking away from me. I gently pushed my mother to the side and faced the man I despised the most.

"What are you doing here?" I asked in a harsh yet low tone, trying to restrain myself from punching him

His eyes soften as he held out his hand to touch me. I backed away from him as he sighed. "I'm taking you two home." He answered and brought his hand back to his side.