:Chapter Eighteen:

This is bad. I told myself as a bead of sweat fell down from my forehead while I wrote something on my clipboard. The moment they see each other, the people here will know he's my dad.

But even with the trouble that's weighing my mind, I tried to concentrate on my job as a manager for the basketball club.

As a manager, even if practice was hell for the players, it is my job to make that hell comfortable even just a little. Well, that's what I believe though.

"Yuki." I averted my attention away from my notebook and turned to see a senior calling for me.

"Yes, senpai?" I asked.

He jerked his head towards where Nakatani-sensei was and pointed at him with a thumb. "Coach is calling for you."

I nodded and bowed before running towards the basketball coach.

Nakatani-sensei was currently talking to Otsubo-senpai when I was standing in front of them.

"You were calling for me, sensei?"

Nakatani-sensei nodded as Otsubo-senpai stood beside him. "You don't need to tend to the team's needs."

I looked at him dumbfounded. "Sir? Can you please elaborate?"

He heaved out a tired sigh. "You still have to refill the containers and et cetra but focus more on assisting Coach Yuki as he needed more help. Can you do that?"

Can you do that? What does he mean by that? Is he mocking me or something? Me? Assisting a demon? Of all people why me? Is it because he's my dad? Or is it because I'm the manager? Of course it's because I am the manager! They don't know that Yuki Masaomi is my father. So why do I have to assist him all of a sudden?

But nevertheless, I nodded without any questions asked. If this is a part of being a manager, then I have no complaints.

Papa approached us for an update about the players and Nakatani-sensei acquainted us though it wasn't of use as I've known him for all my life.

"She'll be your assistant, coach." Nakatani-sensei said as he pointed at me. "If you need anything, just call for her."

He smiled. "Will do, sir." Then turned to me. "Nice to meet you...?"

I cleared my throat and acted nice but didn't smile. "Yuki, sir. I'm Yuki Miyuki."

Papa smiled and motioned his hand forward for a handshake. I didn't take it but gave him a curt nod.

He took his hand back and still beamed me a smile. "Shall we continue practice now?"

As he watched the team have a practice match with one another, I was there beside him, standing there like a good manager would. But disgust and anger started to whelm inside my chest but I couldn't just let my emotions go just like that. I have to control them. For mama.

When I wrote the last letter for a practicular word, I averted my eyes from my notebook and watched the practice match between the seniors and juniors. There was another thing that I took notice and noted it down on my notebook.

"May I see your notebook, Yuki-san?" I flinched when my father suddenly spoke beside me, his arms crossed as his eyes were focused on the game.

I nodded and handed my notebook to him.

He scanned through the pages and read each page intently, then hummed after a few moments.

"This seems interesting." He closed the notebook and handed it back to me.

"Excuse me, sir?" I asked, feeling like papa had his whole ears on me but his eyes darted on the game. "What do you mean?"

He hummed in response, his hand under his chin as his index finger rubbing it. "You've got all important things noted down. That could be used in the future. Very good."