:Chapter Nine:

Why do I hate basketball again? At an instant, I remembered to me and my mother seven years ago. So much alcohol, so much abuse, so much tears. I can't forget and I will never forget.

"Why can't you just be our manager?" The sound of Takao-kun's voice woke me up from my trance and I instantly glared at him. "Why would I hang here and be a maid for you people who dedicate every precious time in basketball?" Because of adding stress to the word basketball, it sounded like I'm mocking the game the game they all love.

I bent my head, my hair hiding my face. "Look, I can't stand seeing a basketball ball. I easily get irritated. I love to be a manager, but not as a manger of a basketball team. I'm sorry."

I walked away while being drained in my pool of self-pity. Every memory form seven years ago suddenly rushed through me like a river. I can't believe that because of a single ball game, my family would be ruined.

As tears sprung out of my eyes, I instantly wiped it away as I walked home. I arrived at our apartment five minutes before four.

When I opened the door, unfamiliar shoes greeted me as I entered. Who owns these? I asked myself and walked further inside. Then I heard a female and male laughter.

When the laughter disappeared, there was a minute of silence before the male voice spoke. "I wish she could forgive me."

"Don't worry," the female voice comforted. "I'm sure she'll forgive you. Just give some time."

"I guess you're right."

I stormed inside, into the living room. Shock faces greeted me. I glared at the person who is beside my mother. The person who abused her and made her shed tears. What is he doing here?

"Miyuki." My father said.

I gritted my teeth as I glared at him, walking towards both my parents and grabbed the collar of the shirt of my father. "What are you doing here?"

Mama held my hand, stopping me from gripping on my father's shirt. But I still clutched it even tighter as my blood started to boil inside me. "What the hell are you doing here? Why are you with my mother?"

He stared straight into my eyes, reading my thoughts. "Miyuki..." was all he could say.

"Why the hell are you here?!" I shouted, letting go his collar harshly. "Why are you with my mother? Why are you still here? Why can't you just let us be? Why...? Why?" My tears started to slide down my cheeks as both my parents kept quiet.

My thoughts started to build up and I wanted to say everything out loud. But instead of shouting, they all came out into a whisper. And instead of thousands of words, I know said five. "Why do you care now?"

My father's greenish-blue eyes were darted to me, watching me fall into my knees while tears fall down none-stop. I could hear my mother sob beside me. "Why now? Why not then?" I asked again.

Papa knelt down and tempted to hug me but shoved his hand away and stayed still. I could feel his stare bore into me, making huge holes. He opened his mouth but nothing came out, not even air. He just stayed there, watching me intently with those greenish-blue irises, until he stood up and nodded at my mother, saying he'll be leaving.

After a few footsteps, I could hear the door opened and closed, telling me that my father already left.

~*~*~

Ootsubo, Miyaji, Kimura, Takao and Midorima agreed to have dinner at a nearby Okonomiyaki restaurant. While walking to their destination, Takao remembered how Miyuki just reacted a while ago.