:Chapter Twelve:

"Yuki, do you have another clean towel?"

"Here."

"Anymore water?"

"I bought a large jug this time. So just get plastic cups there and drink all the water you can. If the jug's empty again, I'll just refill it later."

"Yuki-chan, got food? I'm soooo hungry."

"You can't eat yet. Coach will get mad if you do!"

"But I'm hungry."

"No."

"Yuuuuki-chaaan~"

I sighed. "Takao-kun, no is a no."

"Oni." Takao-kun walked out, clutching his grumbling stomach as fake tears stream down his face.

I shook my head in displease, a sigh leaving my lips, then continued my work.

It's been a week ever since my trial period as a manager started. I've started to get the hang of the job and all these big guys' needs and wants. The coach's rules and regulations, and what day and time the practices are.

Nakamura-san had her trial period the week before. And I heard from Takao-kun that she's a very good manager, having everything they need in place. Whenever they need something, she instantly hands them the thing they needed. Of course she would because she's been a manager since middle school. She's used to it.

But Takao-kun told me to not give up and just do what I have to do, with matching encouraging smile and a pat on the shoulder.

But even though I feel happy for the encouragement, he's still annoying. A sweat dropped off of my forehead and I was like: "Dude, don't comfort me. I'll be alright." with an awkward smile.

But he just continued like I didn't say anything.

"Dudes and their stomachs." I mumbled to myself as I washed all the used towels.

As I thoroughly washed these towels, placing the ones that are done inside a laundry basket, I kept on thinking what will happen after my trial's done.

But I shoved those thoughts at the back of my mind and shrugged my shoulders as I hang these newly washed towels. "I could just visit them as usual."

~*~*~

Midorima was silent all throughout the practice as every player joked around with each other, sometimes even throwing balls at each other, earning an earful and a beating from the most scary senior, Miyaji-senpai.

"It's unusual for you to be this quiet, Shin-chan." Takao placed his hand on the shooting guard's shoulder, a mocking smirk evident on his face.

The taller male adjusted his glasses while his other free hand held a ball, slightly glaring at the raven-head. "I'm always this quiet, idiot."

"No." Takao denied, letting go of Midorima's shoulder and got a ball that he found right beside his foot. "You'd mumble by yourself here saying how annoying these guys are for not taking practice seriously.

"Shut up." Midorina returned to her usual training shooting basketball balls without paying anymore attention to the raven-head who's standing right beside him, studying him with his silver eyes.

Then Takao suddenly gasped. "I know why your quiet!" He exclaimed, earning some attention from their nearby teammates. "You're actually wor-"

"I'm not, you fool." Midorima instantly cut Takao from saying anymore, giving him a fierce glare that actually has no effect on the bubbly being beside him.