:Chapter Fifteen:

I got home a little bit later than usual so I hoped my mom isn't mad. I unlocked the door to our house and turned to knob to open it.

"I'm home." I said, taking my shoes off and placed them aside.

The house was a little bit quiet and it was unusual because whenever I would announce my arrival, she's immediately scurry to the door to greet me with her usual smile. But this time she didn't greet me.

When I looked down, an unfamiliar pair of shoes is placed right in front of me. Immediately guessed who the owner was but wished my guess was wrong.

And my guess was proven correct when I finally saw him sitting on our dining table, perfectly sipping tea with a plate of biscuit in front of him.

I froze in my place and the tiredness I was feeling earlier disappeared when he stood up and tried to approach me.

"Miyuki." He said.

I glared at him. "What are you doing here?"

He looked at me, his eyes said 'forgive me' but I ignored him and roamed around the house to look for mama.

"Mama!" I shouted and she popped out of her room.

"Miyuki-chan, what's wrong?" Mama asked, worry written all over her face.

I scowled and pointed at papa. "What the hell is that man doing here?"

"Miyuki-chan," mama started. "can you please address him correctly. He's still your father."

"That person isn't worth respecting if he was the one who ruined this family in the first place. He is not my father!"

"Miyuki-chan." This time, her calm and motherly aura was immediately replaced by her stern look. Her eyes that once was soft is now replaced with an angerd look. I felt sorry for a second but why is it my fault?

"This act I can no longer tolerate." She said. "You have to apologize to your father right now."

"It's my fault now?" I asked. "Is it my fault he was like that? Shouldn't it be you who would hate him and not me? He hurt you countless of times. And this is how you react? Come on!"

"I forgave him and you should to."

"And what? Wait for him to hurt us again?" I intently stared at her. She was sorry but not at the same time. Sadness was evidently written all over her but she remained steady.

"Oh I see." I started and turned around, facing the door. "If this is how it's going to be I have no choice."

With all my will power I left mama behind, bolting out of the house and running away from both of them.

I want my family to be together again. But I don't want that man to be in our lives. Especially since I'm trying to be a human for once.

~*~*~

Midorima was at the basketball court at this hour, dribbling the ball while looking at the hoop. He was perspiring but he paid no mind. After a few seconds of staring, he jumped and shot the ball into the ring.

Once a swish was heard, he adjusted his glasses and smirked to himself. "Of course I wouldn't miss." He thought.

He grabbed the ball and rounded again, running back and fourth, practicing his dribble and once again jumped to shoot.

But he suddenly caught sight of a girl through his peripheral vision so he stopped and followed her with his eyes.

He shrugged and planned to continue. Midorima was already in his shooting position when he unconsciously ran after her.

~*~*~

I rested at a nearby playground and sat on one of the swings. I inhaled and filled my lungs with air before letting out carbon dioxide that I took in with the oxygen.

I was sure tired from all that running but the thought of that man inside our house was enough to wipe all that away. I was mad and I can't contain all these feelings.

I clicked my tongue in annoyance and tried to forget. Before I get home, I have to cool my head and apologize to mama for talking to her like that.

I heaved out a sigh. I really did that to her, huh? Answered her like that like she isn't even my mother. But it was all his fault. All the feelings that was bottled up since that day came rushing out again and I know I have to let it out. But I let it out on the wrong person.

"What should I do now?"

Tonight was cold―with the clothes I'm wearing? It is cold. To warm myself, I bent my knees and hugged them like a pillow. I burried my face and let silence envelope me for the rest of the night.

It was quiet. No one was around―not even dogs or bird or cats. Just me and my swing, swinging togetje forever.

But as I self-loathed, someone suddenly spoke behind me, causing me to lose balance and almost fall off of the swing of he hadn't caught me.

I looked for the eyes of that person to glare at him. But that intention faded when adoring green eyes stared down at me behind those glasses.

I was shocked to see him since I thought he wasn't that type of person to stay out so late.

"I could say that to you, Yuki." He said.

It took me a while to make out what he meant when I realized he was pertaining to what I said inside my mind. Is he a mind reader?

"You're blurting it out, idiot." He answered and I immediately covered my lips.

That was a really smooth move. And I was the one who was called idiot. Though I deserve that.

"Why are you out here, Midorima-kun?" I asked, lowering my feet as it touched the growned.

He adjusted his glasses and sat at the swing beside me. "That does not concern the likes of you, Yuki." I gritted my teeth and glared at him. "But I suggest you go home."

"My affair does not concern the likes of you." I copied what he said, earning from him a set of dagger-like glares. "Besides, I like staying out here at night."

He sighed. "Girls shouldn't stay out late at night. It's dangerous for you to be out."

Though he's right, I can't help but stay out here for a few hours until I collect myself together. Or wait until that man gets out of the house.

I lowered my head, my bangs covering my eyes. "I think I'll stay here for a few hours or so."

He sighed. "Then I think I better call your mom."

My eyes widen and I snapped my head to look at him in disbelief. "You have her number?"

"I got it," he affirmatively answered. "from my mother because I knew this day will come."

Anger was building within me and I know anytime I'll snap at him. But I don't want that to happen so I lowered my head and glared at the dirt instead. "Why do you care anyway?"