:Chapter Seventeen:

The basketball club was busy as usual with a few scoldings and shouting from the harsh upperclassmen (to be specific, from Miyaji-senpai and Otsubo-senpai). Practices were hard, and some can't even take it as some would stop for a while and take in enough air for their lungs.

"Okay," The basketball club's captain clapped his hands together. "take a five-minute break."

And all the players dispersed, going to each sides of the gym to grab a drink or to just sit down, wiping themselved with either their own towels or with the towels the club has.

As I was writing something on my clipboard, I heard a sigh beside me. "Want water?" I asked, not taking my eyes off of my clipboard.

"Yes please." Takao-kun answered with a tired groan.

I smirked. "Then get it."

"Yuki-chan." He groaned again, slumping down and sat with his legs crossed. "I can't believe you can be a demon."

"I'm second to the seniors, you know." I chuckled, looking at him with amusement.

He sighed. "I can see that."

Practice was hell as usual for the basketball players while I had fun watching Takao-kun stop for a moment to rest but got yelled at by Miyaji-senpai.

When I noticed that the water containers were getting empty, I grabbed every bottle and immediately refilled them. The role of a manager wasn't this hard if you're already used to the job. And from the sports animes I've watched, I thought I wouldn't get used to it ecen after a year. But guess I got it wrong. I'm actually enjoying the work.

As I was done with the last task a manager should do, Nakatani-sensei rounded up all the players for an announcement before finally dismissing the team while I stood just around the corner.

"For the remaining days before the interhigh, we'll be having someone to come and train all of you." He said, eyeing each and everyone intently, watching us closely. "He's a professional basketball player in his younger days and now he'll be a basketball coach for a national level basketball team in a university but he wouldn't be coaching them until two months from now. So I expect you to be here earlier than expected." He roamed his eyes around the boys then landed on me. It felt like his eyes stayed for more than a minute but it was actually just a second, then he cleared his throat. "Okay, dismiss."

The gym was then slowly filled with relieved sighs, groans, and chatters and each finally grabbing their bags and went to the locker room to change from their practice clothes into their uniforms. I grabbed my things and went to the girl's locker room and also changed.

I removed my white shirt and got my white button-ups, and folded the shirt neatly before laying it down in my locker. As I did so, I couldn't help but remember what Nakatani-sensei just said earlier.

A new coach for a nationally strong basketball team, huh? I sighed. Who could this man be who used to be a professional basketball player in his younger days?

When I was out, the first thing I saw was Takao-kun, leaning on the wall with a very annoying grin etched on his face. Beside him was Midorima-kun, who had no care in the world.

"Yo!" Takao-kun greeted amd approached me.

"What a pervert." I murmured but loud enough for him to hear.

He took it melodramatically and grasped his chest, wiping an invisible tear. "I'm hurt, Yuki-chan."

I smirked and went ahead without waiting for him. "Good."

~*~*~

Nakatani-sensei was sitting comfortably behind his desk on the faculty room as he scanned through the papers of his students when a tall first year student suddenly stood beside him.