:Chapter Four:

I loosened my tight fist and just stared at the pavement. My eyes as big as saucers while drips of tears still rolls down from my eyes. Midorima-kun's grasp on my shoulders also loosen up. He turned his back on me and grabbed all of his things from the bleachers from the other side.

"Go home." He instructed as he was about to exit out of the court. "Your parents must be looking for you."

I'm so stupid. Why did I suddenly let my emotions get the better of me? Why did I shout at him like that? Is is because of the sudden reappearance of my father? Is it because my mother accepted him that easily? Is is because I really hate basketball that much?

"Is it because I just can't accept everything?" I asked myself, my head still bent low as I dried up my tears using the back of my hand.

Midorima-kun's right. This is a bad day for people like me. I should have brought a handkerchief with me. But then again, why would I believe that horoscope weirdo? I don't even believe in those kind of things.

I stayed like that for the next one hour, thinking about what I've done earlier with my parents and with Midorima-kun. I suddenly burst out all of my feelings at the wrong people. I shouldn't have done that to Midorima-kun. He has nothing to do with what happened to my family seven years ago.

***

"I'm home." I declared, opening the door to our apartment. Removing my leather shoes, I roamed my eyes around and felt something. Something's kind of weird and off.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps running towards to where I am. I went inside, curiosity still inside me and came face to face with my mother, eyes teary and a bit reddish. Her hands were clasped together to her chest as she eyed me.

I sighed and tugged her with me to come inside. I brought her to seat at the couch on the living room and asked her what was wrong. Mama was reluctant to answer my question at first but she still answered.

"How could you treat your father like that?" Mama answered my question with another question as her eyes started to water again.

I face-palmed and kept a poker face. "You know that I hate that man so much that I wanted to kill him right? How could I not act like that? Mama, I despise him so much."

My mother covered her face with her two shaking hands, trying to stop her sobs. Controlling her emotions, she let her hands fall to her lap and sniffed. She turned her reddened eyes to look at me and I still wore an emotionless face, hiding my true emotions from my mother. But seeing my mother like this sent piercing sensations in my chest so I didn't had the chance to act like that for long.

Softening my gaze on my mother, I came closer to her and held both of her shoulders. Then caged her into a tight hug. I sighed and tried to calm myself so I won't break down in front of my mother.

My lips started to tremble as I kept a straight line and blink a few times to keep tears from falling from my greenish-blue eyes. "I just can't forget about everything that easily, Mama. I just can't."

***

My alarm clock went off, waking me up from my deep slumber. I sat up straight and rubbed my sleepy eyes then stood up to fix my bed. After doing so, I went straight to the bathroom with a towel on hand and took a refreshing bath to wake my still sleeping soul. Refreshed and finally awoken, I went out of the bathroom and went to my room to change into my uniform and wore my black socks. Then finally, I faced my mirror and combed my wet hair to even it up. Then wore my usual headband with a green bow on the right side.

As I went out of my room, I could already smell the food that my mother's making for the both of us. But what greeted me was not the slender figure of my mother but a manly built of a man, cooking breakfast. Curiosity ran through me as I studied the man. Finally recognizing the man, my stomach began to churn as my eyes began to widen.