~Claire and Present Danger~

"What good is this amulet if it can't help me with this? Claire's brother is trapped somewhere in the Darklands, and there's nothing I can do about it?" Jim asked.

Sadie sighed as she sat on Toby's bed, legs crossed while Toby and Arrrgh played GoGo Sushi on the TV. They had been in the room for hours, trying to brainstorm ideas to rescue Claire's little brother from the Darklands, but no one had any ideas that would actually work. Their best idea had been Toby trying to bribe Not-Enrique with socks to crawl through the fetch. But that didn't work and they were back to square one.

"Unfortunately, there is nothing any one of us can do."

"What about the Furgolator machine? If I can shrink down, maybe-" Jim said, being interrupted as Toby replied, "I mean, sure, we can go in all fun-size, but when it wears off and we become full-size, we'll be stuck in there, too."

"And the Darklands is a black labyrinth, Master Jim. Simply finding Baby Enrique would be a nigh impossible task of its own," Blinky stated.

Arrrgh growled, saying, "Gunmar."

"Arrrgh is right. If any of us were foolish enough to cross over, under no circumstances could you be saved, at risk of freeing Gunmar."

"But, what if-"

"Under no circumstances!" Arrrgh shouted, shaking the room as he glared at Jim, who ran into the desk as he tried to back away from the large troll.

"Dude, don't be reckless! You almost just lost a golden tuna roll! Sit down! Relax," Toby said, Arrrgh sitting back down as the sounds of the game resumed.

"What happened to the Trollhunter answering every call?"

"You have a strong heart, Master Jim, a quality rarely seen in trolls. I believe, one day, you will answer that child's call, but that day cannot be today," Blinky said.

Sadie sighed, fiddling with the end of her braid. Everything was going so well, but now she could barely look one of her closest friends in the eyes. She had also been looking over the strange plans she'd found in Strickler's office, but nothing had come to mind yet. But she was drawn from her thoughts as Chompsky began to chatter from inside the dollhouse. So she got off the bed just as Chompsky chattered something while pointing at the fetch.

Toby dropped to the ground, looking at the gnome as he said, "Chompsky, no! It's too much to ask!"

But, after more aggressive chattering from Chompsky, they had to agree to the gnome's plan and they began to rearrange Toby's room. They set the gaggletack on the floor, using Toby's bed like a barricade while Jim tied a rope around Chompsky's waist.

"Be careful. It's dangerous in the Darklands. When you find Claire's brother, just give us a tug and we'll get you back, okay?" Jim asked, the Gnome giving him a thumbs up as Blinky knelt down in front of the Gnome.

"I have sorely misjudged you. You are no vermin. You are a ver-man!"

"Wait!" Toby suddenly said, pulling the Sally doll out of the dollhouse and saying, "She has something to say." before handing the doll to Chompsky.

Sadie was uncomfortable as she watched Chompsky kiss the doll passionately and once he finished, the five of them stood behind the bed while Chompsky walked towards the fetch before dramatically jumping inside.

"All we can do is hope..." Blinky said.

Jim slowly let the rope move between his fingers, ready to grab it if it just even slipped while he whispered, "Okay so far."

Sadie watched the rope slowly slide into the fetch until it suddenly went stiff and was tugged roughly.

"Hey! Hey, I just felt a tug! Jim shouted, Toby saying, "Quick! Pull him in!"