Lunch

I wasn't expecting him to ask me if I was hungry that early on. To be honest, I had better things to think about than food, but I was indeed very hungry. I hadn't finished my breakfast today, and it was almost too late for lunch at the moment.

"I'm hungry as well" He said

I didn't know what to reply, so I just smiled. He opened the refrigerator, and took a quick look at all the food. It was much more filled than the fridge at my house.

"Hmm" he pondered, "what do you want to eat?

I shrugged

"Do you want something simple, or should we make something from scratch?" He asked

"It's up to you. I'll eat anything" I replied

"We should eat something simple. You're probably very hungry" he said

He closed the fridge, and opened up the cupboard.

"Do you like ramen?" He asked

"Of course" I replied

"Ramen it is" he said before chucking an instant ramen cup into the air, and catching it.

I took two steps closer to him to feel less awkward. I thought about asking him what he'd say when his parents got home, but decided not to. I tried not to overthink too much.

He grabbed both cups and placed them on a counter. He then filled a small cooking pot with water. I looked a tad bit stupid, just standing there, but I figured I'd look even more stupid by trying to help.

"It should be boiling in about five minutes" he said, "wanna go see my room in the meantime?"

"Sure" I smiled, before following after him.

"It's a bit dirty at the moment" he awkwardly chuckled, "I wasn't expecting you to come"

"I can assure you mine is worse" I said

He let out a half-suppressed laugh.

"Here it is" he said after opening the door

Wow

It was beautiful.

Sure, some clothes tossed on a chair, and a can of soda on the ground, but it was really nice. Dim lighting, a big bed, a nice window pointing to a forest, and a light chain hanging over the bed. I never expected his room to look this nice.

"Wow" i mumbled

"Heh" he laughed

"It's so.." I paused, -"aesthetic"

"Yeah, I'm kinda into nice-looking interior and all that" He said

He stood close behind me

-"I'm into nice looking people as well" he added, while placing his hand on my shoulder.

I giggled in response, as I had nothing else to say or do. Sure, I could've flirted back, but I was still a bit nervous.

I kept looking around in his room. There's was a guitar standing in the corner. I never knew he played instruments.

He let me glance around while he sat down in his bed. At his bedside table I noticed something really cute. -The little note I gave him with my number on it. He had drawn a big red heart around it.

He acted almost embarrassed when he saw I found it, but I told him it was cute.

"We should go check on the water" He said

"Yeah" I agreed
__

The water was boiling when we came back, and Hyunjin filled our cups. He handed me a glass of water as well. The glasses they had were very pretty. They had this mandela-like pattern on them. I felt expensive from just drinking water.

We sat down at the kitchen table, and started slurping up our food. Man, was I hungry. I devoured the cup of noodles. Hyunjin even offered me the rest of his in which I said no to. Later on, I regretted declining the offer.

He kept checking the time as we were eating. I assumed his parents would come home any second.

"Are your parents coming home soon?" I asked

"I think so" he responded

I nodded nervously

"Are you sure it's gonna work out?" I said, "what are you even going to tell them?"

He smiled, trying to comfort me.

"I'm just gonna make up a lie. Don't worry about it"

I sighed

"Where am I going to sleep? And how do I brush my teeth without a toothbrush?"

"You're either sleeping on a mattress on the floor in my room," he looked up at me and winked -"or you're sleeping in the guest room"

"I wanna sleep with you" I said

"Sure, then I'll make up a lie about that as well" he said

I wanted to rely on him, and feel chill about everything. But after spending so many years with my parents, stuff like this didn't seem doable.

-"oh, and about the toothbrush, we have guest-brushes" he added

"Guest-brushes?!" I gasped

He laughed at me

"They're not used" he explained

"Oh my god, my thought you meant the-

My sentence was cut off by the sound of the front door opening.

"We're home!" A woman said loudly

I quickly went quiet, and made eye contact with Hyunjin.