Forward- Something isn't right

Reaper! Reaper! Toby yelled my name again. The Nightmares evolved, Uncle Frank starts calling Dad's name. That meant we were now chasing a ghost.
Nothing new for me really, if something felt strongly enough they'd get their business finished.

I woke myself up noting Jake was sitting up, shirtless I swooned "You're up early" placing my hand on his bare chest, it wasn't Often that Jake slept without a shirt but lately the cabin had been splendidly warm.
It was now Mid April, we had been at the Cabin since October. Oh I longed for last December, it was the last time we had all been together before Hannah went abroad with Thomas to join my Dad with the legal side of the family business.

"I think I found something... your dad actually found it and he originally sent it to Frank." He stopped, rubbing my cheek when a sudden crash came from downstairs

"Now you've done it! You cheeky bastard!" Nemo roared, probably at Dan it wasn't hard to tell Dan wouldn't ever trust Nemo, & that feeling was Mutual.
They did make quite a great team though.

Kissing my forehead Jake sighed "Bet Dan walked in on Nemo nakes again."

"But what Crashed?" I eyed him suspiciously scanning the room for Bane who I assumed was downstairs

"It wasn't the lamp" Jake laughed making me remember our Christmas here.

I felt my eyes water as I reminisced;
The snow had fallen christmas eve, ensuring we all stayed put, Thankfully everyone made it before the storm hit.
I had barely made it back from town; even with Nemo's Truck, the highway was a slick sheet of black ice and slush but the trip was unavoidable. Rather than drive the Truck down the steel hill I parked it there and hiked the short 20 yard jaunt to the Cabin.

Cleo made a Flan from scratch & helped me make my mother's Christmas Goose.
Jake literally decked the halls with big bows of Holly and crimson ribbons, he hadn't had a real Christmas in a very long time.
Lily and Hannah brought some Dutch Cocoa from their Mom.
Nathan sent Jake his grandfather's pocket watch but still had yet to meet his son, Nathan was an asshole.
Thomas had made amends with Alfie buying him a battery operated truck identical to the one he had broken.
Dan had re-glued an old Roger's Garage mug together for Alfie too.
Cleo and Dan's Moms sent us a huge batch of gingerbread people and animal cookies, My personal favorite! Miranda and Mary. had become a surrogate Mother Figure for Nemo, Jake and I.
Dad had sent us all new duffle bags with our Code Names on them, dropping major hints at Jake with our matching R. NYMOS and J. NYMOS embroidered in Conifer Green with black D-rings on the olive drab strap. Jake instantly put all his bug put gear in his, I packed mine with spare socks, a fleece and my custom throwing knives.
Dan who had began walking again without much assistance decided to partake of a little to much Egg Nog against my advice that I made it a slight bit stronger than normal noticed Bane wanted to play fetch. We all joined them outside for a good old fashioned snowball fight.
Dan kept trying to nail Jake who evaded perfectly, but the snowball still went through the window breaking Moms lamp, which sent the tree adorned with our homemade decorations right into Nemo who was napping on the couch we brought down fron Jessys room.
That was the last time we were all together the last time we'd all been together.

I giggled, making Jake laugh "Pine needle butt SHUT UP" we hollered together laughing until Nemo responded

"I swear we'll never not find pine needles on the couch!" Jessy yelled merrily