6- The Legend of Bleechedwood

Long ago, in a forbidden land lived the first Witch, with long ginger locks and skin untouched by time.
She was of moderate means, neither poor nor rich living in a simple white washed shack, this suited her fine after years of teaching Women and Men alike how to harness their unique gifts.
She taught them everything from Herbs that healed to beautiful plants that would kill you should you inhale it's pollen.
She taught them about how Animals spoke to them in their own ways, The dog being the easiest to commute with to the Python that refused to share its tales.
She taught them all what they needed to know. The good the bad and the great gray areas that lay between.

Then one day the people stopped coming, this made the First Witch very sad.
Setting out into the forest, ever lush and perfect in her presence joined only by her giant faithful dog she called Hemlock. For like the plant he was deadly.
She walked, crossing a creek she walked more. Where had all the people gone?
"Who goes there?" A masculine voice asked from the woods
"I am The Witch who keeps this Forest." She sternly said
"The Witch?" The man asked "Have you no name?"
"I have a Name, but one mustn't awnser to your name in the wood."
"I am Samael, I know the law of woods." He chided the wich standing before her in his leathers.
A tall man, with hair as black as night and glowing green eyes. The Witch knew he wasn't a Normal Man.
"I am Rowena, I shall never Fear you though you assume I should."
This angered the Man. The people had ran from his kind fore they saw what he could do.
"The People won't come to these woods any longer Witch."
Being a Cafty Witch she improvised casting a Hex on the beast after sensing her life was in danger.
This hex was simple but complex. If the beast were to slay her he'd slay himself, but killing wasn't what the beast took pleasure in.
Samael laughed in Rowenas face as he put his bare hand to her cheek, she fell into an everlasting slumber.
As her sleeping body hit the forest floor all the trees both Hardwoods and Pines alike turned various shades of white, Gray and silver, one could safely assume the trees looked as if they were bleached. Nothing would grow here except silvery Rye Wheat and White trees that bore no fruit or flowers that ever came to blossom. Every night her Giant companion looks for her longing to bring her home, even in his afterlife.

This Children is now known as the Bleechedwood fore until the First Witch is found and returned to her wood the entire wood shall remain trapped in an everlasting darkness.
Be wary little ones for the Beast still walks the land, feeding off of others dreams forcing them to remain in this state by a poison he secretes through his palms.
.........

I closed the book setting it back in the duffle. "Ironic isn't it? Rowena and I got taken the same way almost?"

"That's what I was thinking." Jake kissed the side of my head, his arm still draped over my shoulder. "Except you didn't cross a creek, Dad was A stickler about the Brook."

"Yeah about 3 miles in theres a Brook, its an amazing spot to read really. Another difference is Darkness grabbed my arm." I pointed to my scar "He got my nose too, when he realized I wasn't out but he didn't stop to think of why I wasn't out."

Jake grinned "Cause my Reaper's not a Normal run of the mill Woman."
I blushed "No I'm not, Nor is the out handsome Hacker I know."
Now it was his turn to blush.
I kissed him, crawling onto his lap, suddenly shirtless.
Mmm I like where this is heading I thought ripping his shirt open.