16- The Ruins.

Lebanon smelled like half the town had burned to the ground when we walked out of the stable doors.
A man probably in his thirties greeted us with a double barrel shotgun.
Jessy was trying to explain when I exited the stables. I rolled my eyes putting a hand out in front of me and balling it into a fist causing the barrel to curl downwards like a limp noodle.

"She said put it down. We aren't here to harm you, My Name is Reaper Hardy, whats yours?" I said dismounting Romeo letting him graze next to a buckskin pony that was intrigued by Jessy.

"Kyle Smith. Sorry see the whole town got looted cause dipshits weren't prepared for nothin' and I ain't fixing to be looted." he said sternly.
I recognized his voice from somewhere; Thinking hard for a moment I placed it, he had a YouTube channel before cancel culture got him banned. Most of his content was Obscure facts, Bushcraft and food prepping tutorials, declassified government conspiracy theories and his own opinions on current events. I was one of thirty subscribers.
I smiled at him and said "Your the Wildman! I was your second subscriber man, long time!"

He gave me a once over "You're StrokerNaut?"

Nemo laughed shaking his hand "It was a dual account. We were big fans, are you good here?"

"I've been better.." He trailed

"BUT, we've trained for this shit." I smiled remembering everything dad taught me about possible doomsday scenarios, what our government and a few other nations had us prepared for but after about 2008 they had failed to do the upkeep, then Obama being a moron sold off things he shouldn't have. That was exactly how Kyle and I had gotten permanent bans from YouTube, Speaking the truth got us Cancelled.

"Not all of us are trained for this." Hannah said flatly petting Peyton.

"That's why you have us, Hannah." Damien reminded her, She gave him the cold shoulder.

Jay came out from around the Stable "Nemo he has a 1920s pickup back here!"
"Jafar you are such a snoop!" I chided him playfully.

"Yeah, damned thing wouldn't start after Daddy died few years back." Kyle shrugged "If you can get her running I'll drive you where you have to go."

"Is that your wife in the window?" Jessy said waving at a bay window

"My sister. She was a Nurse at the hospital, She was there in the ICU floor when the EMP hit." He said looking at the ground "Everyone on the floor was gone by Morning, She thinks she failed."

"Nemo, how about you Jay, and Jess stay here get that old beauty running and bring the Smiths to the bunker?
I'll take Dan, Damien, And Jake.
Hannah do you want to stay here?" I blurted my questions out.

"I'll stay maybe Miss Smith can show me some ways of cooking without power." She shrugged, Damien stormed off vanishing.

"A bunker?" Kyle asked

"Obscure fact two hundred and thirty-two there's things on earth kept so secret you wouldn't believe them until youve seen them." I repeated one of his videos

He smiled "Too True. You dude.."

"I'm Jake." Jake said shaking his hand

Kyle smiled pointing at a chestnut Mustang nuzzling Romeo "That there is Viola, you can ride her if she let's you."

I fist bumped Nemo, he pulled me into a hug whispering as he silently cried "Be safe."