|[Chapter 1]|

I sat in my bed, thinking deep in thought, reflecting on my memories. The world was the same as usual, it was dangerous as usual, so why should I not take my time?

There was no rush. People died everyday, it wasn't anything new. Caring about your life was a rarity nowadays, with people being reckless, ruthless, and relentless.

'Reckless... Ruthless... Relentless...'

I repeated those words in my head like it was a mantra. It was a saying I once went by, but now, I could only laugh at how stupid it sounded. It really was the mantra of people who threw their life away, who didn't give a damn how or when they would die. What was their motivation even? How could you be motivated to live in this cruel world Nevada is? How could you be motivated to kill?

Maybe people gave up on life already and didn't care about anything or anyone anymore.

My communicator on my nightstand to my left buzzed, snapping me out of my thoughts. My boss loved messaging me info about my missions when it was early in the morning, so I counted myself lucky that my sleep was broken and I was awake before the notification.

(This is a pretty close example of what it looks like. If anything, it has an arrow pad in the middle)

I stretched my upper body and reached over to the nightstand, picking up the device

I stretched my upper body and reached over to the nightstand, picking up the device. I yawned a bit and went to my messages to find the most recent notification. I squinted at the somewhat bright screen before opening the message.

Boss: Good morning, Keez. Hope you slept well, I need you to take out a few targets for me. There are 7 Agents in this A.A.H.W. building that are bigger threats than they seem. They have the chance to become the next Auditor in case something happens to the current one, and they may be as or more powerful than the Auditor himself. I'll give you the coordinates and their names.

Boss: [insert attachments of Agent IDs and coordinates]

Boss: You can take them out however you'd like. These Agents are one of the "higher-ups," they  may be located on the higher floors, somewhere near the Auditor's office, so be careful and be stealthy. As you know, the security will be buffed. On the bright side, there'll be less Agents on those floors. I'd recommend you check their ID tags to make sure you got the right ones, but when it comes to Agents, there's no such things as casualties, so knock yourself out. Take these targets out today as soon as possible, before midnight. Report back to me and I'll give you your pay.

Boss [offline]: Out.

I sighed once again, preparing myself for another day of work. I was not interested in shooting any guns today, throwing any knives, punching any grunts. I just didn't have the energy, yet, that was unacceptable. You can't just take a day off just because you're tired.

I got up from the bed, doing a full body stretch, before heading to the kitchen to make a small snack before prepping myself.