|[Chapter 8]|

Well.

This was quite the predicament.

I was being held at gunpoint by a ridiculously tall nun holding a shotgun to my face while also smiling in the most vile way possible.

The universe is being real shitty right now.

I didn't get too scared, although it was enough to send a few chills up my spine, and I tried to keep my breath steady. My hand stayed on the gun in my back pocket, hoping to keep myself discreet. I tried thinking of something to say to stall for a little more time, waiting for the right moment to do it.

"I don't know why you see me as such a big threat, honestly. I'm just one person, one grunt, out of the many who could be like me--"

"There aren't any like you, Anomaly. That is exactly why." She had a small laugh come out in a few of her words, but it didn't sound genuine. More like condescending.

The nun kept her aim steady, but not yet pulling the trigger. Maybe she was playing with me, I had no idea, but I knew I was getting closer to the moment of pulling that gun.

"What do you mean, though? There are tons of people in Nevada, way more in the world. You shouldn't act like I'm this unique, like I'm the "Chosen One"."

I wrapped my fingers around the handle slowly.

"You're naive. Very. But no more talking..." she spoke quietly.

She then pressed the barrels against my forehead.

"God will be pleased. Heaven no longer exists, only hell, and maybe you'll be lucky enough to be sent there rather than that disgusting purga--"

I wasn't going to sit around and let them finish their sentence. I have no idea why you were expecting me to wait, it's stupid to not take advantage of the element of surprise.

My left hand swung from behind me in a swift motion before smacking the shotgun, temporarily catching her off guard. It was still in their hands, but it wasn't aimed at me anymore. My right hand came from behind me, shooting at the nun as soon as my aim seemed to be good enough.

Three rounds went off, two directly in the heart and one somewhere else in the chest. It sent her back, but she still shot at me. One almost hit me, but the other missed completely.

However, she wasn't dead just yet. She reached her hand into the left pocket of her gown, pulling a handheld radio out of it and spitting the words:

"She's here! Send the others, do not disappoint the Lord!"

She was panting and her voice used the rest of the bit of strength she had left, before eventually going lifeless.

And, within an instant, the previously mentioned "others" came pooling into the room.

Now, I had a Glock in hand with ten armed nuns in the room; five with shotguns, two with pistols, and three with axes.

What kind of fuckery is this-

Thankfully, Sister Who seemed to be the youngest nun out of the others, so I had the advantage of speed and reflexes on my side. I used the rest of my bullets on two of the nuns, shooting twice in the chest of one and sending a single bullet in the skull of the other. I made sure to get rid of the ones with the easiest weapons that I was the most vulnerable to, so that just left the shotguns and the axes.

No one spoke, they were pretty silent, give or take a few groans here and there.

An axe came flying my way, and I was able to dodge it just in time, but it nicked my shoulder a tad bit. I didn't have the time to reload, so I grabbed my ninja stars (that I always carry with me) out of my back left pocket and threw them with speed and precision. If you're wondering how my pants didn't rip, well, they're custom made for things like this.

One landed in the neck, probably the jugular area, of the nun who threw the axe, and another went into one's eye. She screamed out in pain, but charged at me with her axe nonetheless.

The nuns handling the shotguns were too busy trying to not accidentally shoot one of their own the entire time, which was funny, since they were willing enough to murder me as a sacrifice for God... or something like that. It's a blur.

I yanked the ninja star out of her eye, eliciting another scream and getting blood all over my clothes and somewhat on my face, and swiftly sliced her neck as well. More blood.

Great.

One of the shotgun nuns gasped and began to shoot.

Okay but that was just sad when I say the poor woman couldn't even avenge her friend and shot a vase three feet away from me.

I used the nun I just killed as a meat shield and charged at her with my knife from my pant pocket.

Now, she did put up a pretty good fight, since she missed again but tried to hit me with the gun itself and actually managed to get my ribs and shoulder a few times, so I'll give her that.

But that was the best it got.

I'm sure there's no point in me explaining everything else in detail.

What basically happened was that I left out there with some bruises, a cut here and there, and a lot of blood that didn't belong to me.

I was exhausted and let out a heavy sigh. It wasn't even that fun or action-packed. I had to fight hypocritical old ladies that wouldn't come to their senses and just stop trying. It's sad, I tell you.

I was tempted to use the grenades, but that would probably be overkill.

"And this is why I refuse to pick a religion."

I walked over to a clear alleyway and leaned against the wall, talking to my boss on my communicator.

I knew that I accomplished the mission, but it still felt like something was... Off...

Like something was watching me...

|[=~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~=]|

Not me finishing this while using the bathroom-