2

February 8 20XX,

It's been 3 days since I brought up the need to have a cat and Jotaro just keeps blowing me off. I think it's even worse than ignoring me as every time I bring it up , he keeps blocking it or he goes to his room . Seriously can't he understand that it's so aggravating . Unlike mom who I can nag for one day maximum before she gives in , Jotaro doesn't budge.

I gave him the cold shoulder the other day, even going as far as not cooking him any supper and all he did as a response was eat with his colleagues outside . I simply can't understand why he won't grant me this minor request . I asked him again over at breakfast and all he said with his blase tone was ;

"I said I'll think about it ."

He might have as well said "God Willing," (as mom is fond of saying) and I would have easily taken that as a no but he only enjoys seeing me in plight.

Well we'll see how he'd like the fact that I landed on an adorable, furry orange tabby just at the beach . The poor thing had been abandoned by her mother and she seemed to still have the grayish cloud that blinds them when young . She was shivering because of the breeze , downright sniveling and I thought that only a heartless soul like her mother and the devil would leave her in the cold.

I brought her home , covering her properly whilst preparing a warm bath for her . We don't have a tub so I decided on a short ,shallow, pink basin that she wouldn't be frightened over . At the time , Jotaro was still at work which was perfect as I could plan on how I'd break the news to him. Anyways I gave her a much needed bath and even though she was resistant at first , she gradually accepted the fact and was holding such a cute scowl as I dried her with a towel and dryer .

I fed her some milk with a plastic spoon as she was still too tiny to drink on her own and let her sleep on a makeshift kitten bed that i had made with an old blanket and small cardboard box

I made Jotaro ugali with a tilapia coated with coconut cream, another favorite of his and ensured I made it later in the evening so it would be piping hot .

And then he arrived .

I had done everything necessary to appeal to him and if he was unwilling to grant me this one favor then he would have truly insulted me . I have never gone through such lengths to please someone and I found it borderline disrespectful that he was not able to see how much I was doing for him so I was done requesting . I demanded.

'Jotaro, we need to talk"

"Good evening to you too"

"I got a cat'

He removed his insufferable hat just so that I could see his glare clearly.

"Look, I saw the cat on the beach abandoned and almost dying and I felt guilty. You're always talking about how I should practice empathy and I think you would be happy seeing ho-"

"Let me see her," he said gruffly whilst cutting me off .

Honestly he can be so rude sometimes , how dare he cut me off. I was simply explaining the situation . However , instead of calling him out on his callous behavior, I simply took him to my room where her bed was atop of mine. She slept so soundly so Jotaro didn't even come closer in fear of waking up but for the first time in a long time , I saw a slight softness in his eyes whilst he gazed at her . To be honest , I didn't even know that he had a soft spot for cats but you learn something new everyday.

"You can keep her . Tomorrow , take her to the vet, you still have keys to the small car right?' He softly said whilst still looking fondly at her

"Yeah . Thanks I appreciate it "

"This wasn't for you , you refused to listen to me . I'm strictly doing this for the cat "

As I said , he's such a rude jerk.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ugali is like fufu but with maize flour.