17

Jotaro's thoughts.

I thought about her throughout the day . I wished I could see what was going on at Mom Faith's house. Would she need me to shield her from her mother's rage ? She couldn't decide to go back home right ? I kept thinking of heading there but the workload from the previous day caught up with me .However, thanks to y/n, I've completed the paper and I'm sending it off.

"Hey , since you're almost done I'll wait for you so that I can lock up" Atieno says as she glances at me cleaning up the desk .

"Thanks." I respond as I take my briefcase.I switch off all the electronics and lock the door, pocketing the keys. Noticing this , Atieno grabs her purse and we walk out.

"So, you and Noriaki, how's it going?"

"It's going slow enough for me to be comfortable, he's a bit impulsive so I try not to encourage him." She smiles as I walk her to her car .She then adds

"What about you and y/n?"

"We're just friends."

"Really? Then why did you decide to stop sleeping with me?" She enquiries.

"Don't say that out loud! You never know who's around.Anyways, she moved in with me." I respond, already exhausted at how blunt she was . She scoffs in response and adds

"I have a home too and you know it very well."

I never took the FWB thing seriously , did it help the frustrations at the beginning of my project? Immensely but I barely called her more than once a month ,she actually seemed more into it than me considering how often she'd make the first move.

"Why did you bring this up anyway?" I question, slightly panicking at the thought that she may have some feelings for me .

"I'm taking Noriaki seriously so I'll let you hit just one more time before I establish myself with him." She cheekily responds, a foxy smile already in place.

"No thanks. Plus don't tell him about us , I won't be comfortable." I briskly respond. She giggles in response and bids me bye as she closes her car door and drives off.

I mean we had a great time while it lasted but that was all it was, a good time. I've also never being one to engage in no strings attached sexual favours so that was somehing that may have put me off a bit about our whole endeavour. Also , when y/n moved in , I felt uncomfortable with her being aware of that part of my life. I mean she was at the time just a friend and that's a loose iteration of our relationship at the time so her being aware of my relationships seemed invasive.I decide to go to Ms Faith's place and I head to Nyali.

The watchmen open the gates to the beautifully hidden mansionette, a feat of her hard work over the years. I park on the side of the house and walk in . As I enter, I smell a mixture of savory and sweet foods and as I head to the large dining , a feast is being laid , it seems she went all out .I greet the aunties who are just done preparing the table and they smile and wave in response.On the side is the even larger , modern sitting room y/n and her mom talking calmly whilst mom , gramps and granny Rhoda are having their own separate conversation. Y/n , the only one aware of my existence looks up and greets me which I return before greeting everyone else.

Based on the conversations it seemed the elephant in the room was recognised and the tension seems all but non existent. I sit in the sofa and granny Rhoda immediately asks,

"Jotaro, how old are you again , Sorry this old woman is always forgetting."

"I'm 26 grandma." I politely respond

"Oh my! It's about time we begin looking for a wife for you! Your mom was mentioning how much she misses taking care of kids." She says beaming teeth exposing my mom who looks away. It's about time they began bringing up the marriage discussion. If I were not falling in love, I would have brushed off the topic. Before I attempt to respond she continues on by saying,