14

Jotaro's Thoughts,

I should have known my mom's nonchalance to my illness was a gateway to something even more harrowing.Why does she text me, confirming that she's arriving today? Alongside that old man . Luckily they aren't staying with us because I cannot have her clueing in on the romantic tension between us especially since she loves y/n as much as a daughter.Their flight lands at 7pm . It's now four and if I know anything about Kenyan traffic , I should be headed to the airport anytime soon . But it's a Sunday and our unconventional serial watching is currently happening and y/n was really excited for us to watch the last episodes of the Tom and Jerry series so I just had to comply.

"Hold on, you said mom Holly and gramps is coming? You should have told me sooner! What will we even be having for dinner ? Not to mention where will they sleep? " she exclaimed, already rising up from her position much to Samosa's annoyance.

"They're staying at the whitesands so everything is fine. Also I wasn't even aware of their arrival till this morning." I cooly respond.

"Why are you acting so calm then, you know after five the rush hour begins so let's go get them" She quickly responds , already changing to a blue crop top and brown wide legged satin trousers with white flip flops.Already aware that I won't be able to finish this episode without /n yapping about how late we are going to get I decide to switch to a white vest and grey bermuda short with some sandals. As I look into my closet , I'm beginning to realise a lack of diversity in my shorts collection.

"Can we go with Samosa?" She asked , though it seemed more like an afterthought considering she was already leashing the unamused cat. I felt Samosa's pain. I too ,just wanted to quietly watch a nostalgic TV series during the peaceful Sunday afternoon.Simply nodding as y/n looked up to me, I took the keys.

"Btw , I've been thinking about getting a job" She vaguely states. I mean , considering how she's been progressing , getting to the workforce would either significantly amplify her new persona or completely diminish it and considering she does law, the latter is most likely and I inform her of this.

"I know it's a bit daunting but I won't take a prosecutor job that would have me in the court 24/7, I was thinking more casual ,like a consulting job." she cordially responds. I mean that is less mentally draining and I ask her if she had any jobs lined up.

"Not really , I mean mom has good connections but we both know I'm not talking to her so I was searching up work from home . They pay a bit less than on site but I don't really care." I grunt. I know that the job search was kickstarted by mom Faith's harsh remarks but that seems like a sore subject she still doesn't want to bring up and I know assuring her that she isn't a burden will only amplify her mom's words further so I say ensuring my tone is kind enough;

"I'll help you in every step of the way."

I must have said the right thing cause she's smiling from ear to ear.The golden rays from the windscreen perfectly capture the glow of her complexion . She pets Samosa whilst grinning in response and I swear to Buddha her voice was sweeter than honey when she thanked me. I literally felt like the butterflies in my stomach were struggling to break free.I quickly attempted to compose myself.If mom notices how strung I am then I'm never going to hear the end of it.

We luckily missed the dreadful traffic and I quickly drove past the high, unrailed Changamwe bridge that y/n is frightened off .She admonishes by slapping my arm after we are a few miles away from it. Soon I could see the Moi International airport and after traversing through the parking lot , we found a shaded one which I hastily packed in . Samosa, who is jumpy by the new surroundings attempts to hide underneath the car and I gently coo for her to come out and after sensing that danger is not nearby , hesitantly comes out .