12

Jotaro's Thoughts

The festival day is here and y/n had gone for a light jog. I,who was already done with my exercise routine, decided to prepare a small breakfast for her.Rather than tea , I decided to prepare iced coffee since it was unbearably hot to have any hot tea and kaimati that I bought from the vendor who has a small crush on me as she always adds extra.

She comes in and quickly takes a shower, since it's already 11 I figured she'd eat then we quickly leave .She didn't act any differently despite what I did which left me a bit annoyed at her indifference as I almost couldn't sleep. She just said a sweet greeting and said she's going to jog.Why was she so unfazed ? Like it's a casual thing? Last night she was completely shell shocked so why is it that she's now acting normal? And if it is normal for her how many supposed friends have been doing this to her? I'm stressed just trying to answer these questions .

She walks out looking absolutely stunning. Her natural hair is kept half up and half down with two thick strands of hair falling at her face. She wore a beautiful gold necklace that had her name in Arabic and her dress complemented her shape and skin tone perfectly .The matching blue faux fur slides and beaded anklet coupled with her small, black rabbit shaped backpack added such an adorable touch to her .

She glides to the breakfast on the counter then walks straight to me and sits beside me on the three seater sofa after saying thanks.

"You look gorgeous" I blurted out .

"Thank you, you look very handsome in casual wear too.I only thought you looked attractive in formal outfits but I guess I was wrong ."she boldly states whilst munching at her kaimati .

How can she say these things with ease?I need to up my game .The boys always used to say that I had no 'rizz' and got partners purely on looks.

*Really ? Then maybe I should let you see me without clothes to reconfirm how handsome I was."

This was a lottery ticket .And I seem to have struck gold on my first scratch..Her cheeks were puffed up high and she refused to even look at me while coughing at my daring remark.

"Wow" she simply says ,refusing to look my way as she went to wash her plates.Was I too forward ? hold on, am I even interested in pursuing a committed relationship with her? Yeah I must be going mad cause why am contemplating a relationship when all I have is a slight crush on her.Like it's not that deep so why am I getting so serious about-

"Jojo, should we go?" She cutely asks . I haven't heard her call me jojo since we were kids and my heart is literally throbbing at the fact.

"Yeah , we can ." I say , flushed at this point .She has to have said that on purpose , as retaliation for making her blush .And its working .

We leave Samosa with enough toys to keep her busy though we know we can't stay out for any longer than 8 hrs cause she'll get restless.After closing up , we quietly walk down before y/n's ringtone suddenly breaks the silence .

She responds to an animated tone who is rapidly explaining something that y/n can somehow fully understand . After she cuts the call , I ask ;

"Who's that?"

"Patience. They said that they are already leaving and we should meet up where the kachiris are made."

"They're quite lively, aren't they?"

"They're livelier in person."she replies with a smile.

Traffic however, is a pain to push through cause it seems like the entire city is headed in the same direction.Y/n decides on using the aux as opposed to the normal radio and puts on Masego's Mystery Lady to which I instinctively start humming to.