26

Third person Narration.

Following the outburst, Emmanuel never spoke to her again. He never even attempted to make her life more difficult and instead remained neutral. He'd hand over assignments when given and would politely answer questions when instructed. Y/n may have struggled a bit more in class but as the days turned to weeks, immersion enabled her to have a greater grasp at the language, much greater than that when she worked at starfish.

"Someone knows how to hold a grudge." Patience remarks after they finish with removing the maize from the cob. Abdul had the bright idea to make birria tacos entirely from scratch and suddenly their formerly peaceful Saturday has turned into a learning session on how to make flour with your food processor (It's relatively easy).

"WHO?" Abdul says aloud as he switches the noisy processor once on.

"Y/N STUDENT!." She responds back in similar volume.

"Just let him finish grinding before you decide on airing out my dirty laundry." Y/n annoyingly mutters as the machine comes to a halt.

"He's a 17 year old who everyone calls Manuel except Y/n. They had surprisingly gotten close until I mentioned that she shouldn't be paying him for T.A. services.Y/n got mad, they had a fall out and he has refused to talk to her outside classroom etiquette"

"Whoa, why wouldn't you pay the boy?"he says in shock whilst kneading the dough

"Patience said that they can use it to buy drugs and kickstart another cartel in the area."Y/n says calmly

"I did not.I only said that they can buy drugs, you filled up the gaps with your whimsical, pessimistic imagination!" Patience retaliates, almost throwing the cob she held crashing to her premade maize seeds.

"You implied it" Y/n retaliates in annoyance.

"No I did not , Before you got all hot headed, I was to suggest an alternative solution" Patience mumbles.

"Which was?"

"Setting him up with a minor's bank account to analyse his monthly transactions and notice an unusual fluctuation."Patience knowingly advices

"Oh"

"Yeah, 'Oh' now this argument with him is all on you" Patience rubs it in by pulling her tongue out mockingly.

Suddenly the phone rings and Y/n snatches it and runs to the balcony. Once their sliding windows are fastened, she responds with a slightly gleeful tone.

"Hi Jojo"

"Hi my love" He says tiredly.

"How have you been?"

"Tired , the ride from Zanzibar to Mocimboa was hectic. But I'm glad I made it in time, it's a quiet city yet beautiful in its old town architecture."

"That's wonderful. I hope you enjoy yourself there."

"How can I enjoy myself when you are literally miles away? It takes so much willpower for me not to book a flight and see you."he sadly admits and Y/n's breath hitches.

"I thought you loved this Indiana Jones -esque adventure." Y/n says lightheartedly.

"I did, before I realised how lonely I'd get. I can't stand the emptiness I feel. I see people with their loved ones and think to myself that it would have been me if I didn't attempt to run away. Would it have been bad to just stay where we were my love? We'd have been so happy."Jotaro chokes out the last of his sentences. Y/n sits on the cold tiles, perplexed but most importantly pained. She's never seen him so open to his thoughts, being blunt and exposing recently hurt scars are two different things and he exposed his bleeding flesh to her.