20. Dinner

When the text from Lesley fell right into Eros's inbox, there were many questions, many things going on in her head. What could the occasion be about?. Was it just the usual family dinner they used to have?.

" You've been out since you read that notification on your phone." Nate's voice brought her out of the trance she was in.

" Is everything fine?," Nate asked playing with her hair as she laid sprawled on his chest. They were in his apartment all day since it was a Sunday. A week had gone by since she passed out at her house.

" My best friend's parents are inviting me for dinner," she revealed.

" That's like a good thing?," Nate asked.

" Yes it is," she trailed off.

" Are you not telling me something?," She lifted her head and gazed into his orbs. She sighed, licked and bit on her lower lip.

" Except you have history with the father, " she released a deep breath.

" I want someone to listen and not judge me so just listen please." She placed her head back on his chest, his heartbeats a relief to her nerves.

" It happened recently, it, I had been seeing Avani's dad for sometime, after we had sex because of a drug I was offered by a bunch of stupid people."

" It happened for the second time and," she sighed gazing up at him momentarily. His lips pursed from the shocking news.

" I know I'm a shitty person. I'm a bad friend, someone everyone should fucking avoid." She rolled off him angrily.

She huffed angrily, " I shouldn't have told you. I'm so stupid." She threw ok her clothes and grabbed her keys. She was expecting a word from him but with the look on his face, he wasn't going to say anything anytime soon.

" E-Eros, no wait. I was just surprised. I --I,"

" No just stop, I'm going home. Bye." She shut the door loudly,leaving him alone. Nate sighed and rubbed his face.

....

" Zach," Avani nudged him.

" What's wrong?," He asked his brows raised questionably.

" Eros and the principal thingy," Avani rolled her eyes.

" She's practically been avoiding us, always gone with the wind and never spending time with us. I hate this." She sighed.

" Come on, you and Eros have been friends for the longest and for the first time , she's actually giving something a chance in her life. She's giving him a chance in her life. Eros barely gave anyone that much attention except this time. Maybe she's confused and lost and needs time to herself." Zach explained.

Avani shot him a concerned look.

" I don't want her getting hurt and I want her to feel she can tell us anything. Our relationship has been strained for the past months and I feel we're drifting apart, "

" Especially now that we're about to graduate in a few days!," She grumbled.

" Come here." Zach pulled her to his shoulder, making her rest her head on his shoulder. They were in the library.

" We're also hiding the fact that we're official from her."

" I know, but I just haven't had the right moment to tell her. I'm afraid of how she'll react." She exhaled.

" Eros was fine with us knowing eachother, she'll be happy for us." Zach smiled.

" Are you free tonight?," She asked.