21. Two Truths

" Who's responsible for it?," Eros wiped her tears and turned to find Landon by the door. She found it hard to look at him. Too painful.

" I-I,"

" Don't say it's Nate's because you and I both know we were together before him." Landon strut towards the bed. He took a seat on the edge, his back facing her.

" Fine. Let's schedule an appointment for tomorrow, so that we'd find out for how long, this baby has been growing inside of me." Her voice was strained.

" What if it's mine?,"

" Then there's nothing I can do about that other than stay away from you and let you see your child." She blinked away the tears and walked to the door.

" I have fallen in love with you." She retracted her hand from the doorknob.

" It wasn't my fault. I couldn't control my reckless heart, you're all I've ever wanted. You're the woman who makes me feel whole," Eros turned around sharply and placed her index finger on his lips, her own tears betraying her.

" No, no don't," she said ,her voice raspy.

" She's expecting your child, your baby. "

" The last thing I'd ever want is for that innocent baby to grow up without his or her father, or in a broken home like I did." She chocked on her tears.

" No one has to go through that."

" I'm going to have this baby, Nate is always there and I won't deprive you the right to see him or her if it's yours. No. Just stay with her, try to love her, take care of her."

" Why didn't I meet you earlier?," He questioned against her finger.

" Because if it you did, then you wouldn't have given me an amazing friend like Avani,"

" A loving friend like Lesley, a mother figure infact,"

" I wouldn't have believed in family if you met me first."

" Eros, I ,"

" You know what?, Let's just cancel the appointment. I can't do it when I feel it inside me that it's going to be you. I feel it. But let's just forget it, let's just give up."

" Eros, you need me."

" She needs you. Not me. please."

"Bye," she placed a kiss on his lips, savoring in the softness of his lips, the taste of them before she finally pulled away.

" This is the last time you're going to see me, Landon. I'll go as far away as possible. Give your family another chance.

" Promise me." She searched his eyes.

" I-I can't," he broke down.

" I'm begging you," she pleaded.

" Eros, it's,"

" Promise me." She caressed his face.

" I -promise." He swore.

The door burst open and it caused Eros to back off and wipe her tears clumsily.

" Baby," She turned and smiled forcefully at Nate. He could see right through the smile.

" Let's get going, it's getting quite late." He took her hand and guided her out of the room. Landon stared at their retreating figures and felt like he was glued to the bed. He couldn't, even if he wanted to.

" It's his isn't it?," Nate asked when they were in his car.

" I just know it. I feel it but I am not sure, if you want we can have a DNA test after the baby is born."

" There's no need to. I love you Eros and I know I'll be a perfect father to your baby. Marry me."

Eros thought of everything. Marrying Nate would change the situation, her parents wouldn't disown her since Nate was a very influential person. He had no dirt except being her principal, her life would get back on track but...she...

" You're still my principal." She pinched the bridge of her nose.

" Not anymore. I stepped down a week ago I just needed to put things in place. We can get married after you graduate, I'll take care of our baby whilst you go our there and pursue your dreams." Nate said he wanted to have her to himself. No more sharing. She was perfect, she was all that he'd prayed for.

Eros was battled with how things were turning. This wasn't part of the plan. Getting married was never part of the plan.

" Will you marry me Eros Cameron?," Her breath hitched in her throat. There was a constricting pain in her chest.

She nodded, " Yes,-yes Nate. I'll marry you."

He smiled and took her hand squeezing it gently.

" I love you Eros." He pulled her into a hug. Eros's tears stained his shirt.

She could grow to love him. Just like she loved Landon.