Chapter 8

(All original pictures go to their creators)

I was throwing on a shirt after my shower when I saw my computer was beeping. My motion sensors in the house have been triggered. I knew the family would be out for the day as they were hunting. I grabbed one of the throwing knives I had been working with; since the coach gave me those exercises to work on at home, Emmett was mainly the one to help me out with them. I felt my ability to throw a simple knife was getting better. I started to feel a tight pain in my chest, it was tolerable, but I felt like my heart was going to rip out of my chest. I grabbed my knife and slowly opened my door, started to look around the room, went into the kitchen, heard a whoosh sound behind me, and I turned and threw the knife.

The next moment I saw a girl a couple of inches shorter than me, with Pale brown hair and red eyes. I couldn't form words; I just looked at her. My heart was still beating fast.

 My heart was still beating fast

-------------------

(Ohhh, flashback)

I was sitting with Carlisle and Esme at the dinner table; I had asked them how they met.

"Well, Drakul's love in the supernatural world is different. There is a thing called a mate bond that every vampire goes through. Esme and I have known each other for a long time. I met her when she was young in the hospital; I knew we had a connection, but she was very young at the time; it was only when she ended up in the morgue later in her life with a faint heartbeat that I turned her and I knew it was the right time." Carlisle said

I was in awe over this, I looked at Esme, and she shook her head, " Well, what if there still alive and a vampire has one with a human?"

Carlisle looked intrigued by this question, "Then their bond is strong for a vampire to get a bond with a human that is still alive and not endangered, it is rare, but it does happen from time to time, for a vampire to get a human as a mate it will take every ounce of them to be careful with them as they are very fragile."

"So, how does it work? Do they like to sense each other, or is it like love at first sight?" I asked

"It's different with each person; there are some who get a sense that they need to be with that person so that it will attract both of them to each other, and in some cases with a human and vampire, the human will feel chest pain because you know they still have a beating heart, the human will experience a feeling of euphoria over themselves."

I sat in awe over this, pondering all that information, and it does make sense for a mate bond, I thought of my siblings, and other than Edythe, my siblings were devoted to one another like an eternity of love.

(Flashback over)

--------------------

She put her pointer finger up and moved it side to side, tisking, "Is that how you treat all of your guests?" she said

"Only the ones who forget we have a doorbell," I said

Then I saw a tall ass man come from behind. I recognized his face. It was Felix, one of Volturi's guards. Then it clicked on what was going on, I turned my head back to her, and I bowed, "Then you must be Jane." I said as I bowed