Chapter 1

As Stephen gets up from his bed, he grabs his cane, it's an ordinary cane, but the handle is in the shape of a dragon talon. He gets up, goes to his bathroom, throws on a black hoodie that is much bigger than him, puts on some tan shorts, and looks into the mirror.

Stephen Tine is 4'10; he has short white hair inherited from his grandfather, he is about 71 pounds, and he has pale-ish skin he got mainly from never leaving his house. He has a bright blue eye like his mother and has bags under them. He left his bathroom, went into his kitchen, grabbed his keys and a pack of cigars, and noticed they were empty.

"Damn, I thought I at least had two left. Must of smoked em last night on the computer; well, I'll text Emma that ill come to the store to get some," he said

As Stephen entered his Livingroom, he looked at a framed picture of his family, shook his head, and whispered to himself.

'God, I miss them.'

----------------------------------

(Unknown P.O.V)

A family was looking at their vehicle, wondering what was wrong with it and why it was leaking liquids. One of the women said, " I know what is wrong, but the parts that I would need to replace it would be difficult to source." She said

They all huffed, then one of the boys looked over to a person on a bike coming down from a trailer park and commented on his bike.

"That's a nice ass bike. What do you think, Rose? He said

"Yeah, it's a 2003 Yamaha. I'd have to see more of it to tell you about it, Emmett." She said, Impressed by the bike.

---------------------------------

Stephen saw the family looking at his vehicle and thought to stop and help them, but he needed to meet with Emma, it was early in the morning, and he could only get his cigars in the morning because she works the morning shift. He also noticed something about them while he parked his motorcycle.

"Why the hell are they wearing like long coats and hats, I mean, I am, but I have my reasons. They must be out of town; in Wyoming, in the dead of summer, it can get up to like 90 here." He said intriguingly

He was about 70 feet from them, from a cross the road, and he saw them laughing. He was confused because their vehicle was down, so they weren't laughing at that. What was there to be laughing about? He shook his head and walked into the store, and saw Emma, the store was empty, and there were no cameras. She just put a bag on the counter, and Stephen put $60 on the counter and walked away.

He got outside, opened one of the cartons and a pack, and lit one of the cigars. He put on his helmet, opened the face screen, and returned to his bike.

'Fuck it, let's do my one kind thing for a year.'

He started his bike and drove crossed the road, it gathered the family's attention, and they looked at the bike and its rider. He got off his bike, took his cigar out of his mouth, took his helmet off, and pulled his hood off.

---------------------------------

(P.O.V Swap)

The oldest, the father he had to be, looked at his family and introduced himself to the rider, who was younger than they thought, had white hair, pale-ish skin, and a bright blue eye; he also noticed that he had an eye patch on.

"How are you doing, friend?" I asked.

"I am alright; looks like y'all could use some help." the boy said in a quiet voice.

If not for my excellent hearing, I would have had to ask him to repeat himself. He told him that the vehicle was leaking and needed parts, but the vehicle parts were hard to come by.