Chapter 18

Baseball is definitely on my list of favorite sports to date now...

You know how everything goes great in a day to tell one little thing, just bring it down to a shit show, let me start from when we got to the field.

-------------------

We had gotten to the field where my family play baseball every time a storm came in. The field was pretty big, I would say, compared to a normal field, but I guess vampires need longer bases.

"Hey, Drak, are you gonna play?" Emmett said smirking

"Nah, I think I am going to sit this one out," I said

I walked over to mom, who was unloading some equipment.

"Hey, do you need any help?" I asked

"No, but do you want to be an umpire, son?" she asked

"Nah, let Beau do it, I need to go talk to dad."

I went to dad, who was practicing his swing with Jasper, "Hey, dad."

He turned around," What's up, son?"

"Hey, I just wanted to ask, Felix said there were a few nomads around forks; won't this sound get their attention?" I asked

"Alice said they would be gone by now, but if they do come this way, they can't touch you *He pointed to my necklace*; you are under the protection of the Volturi." He said

-------------

When Beau and Edythe pulled up, I went to Beau and chatted with him before they made their way to the rest.

"Hey, Beau we need an umpire." Mom said

"She thinks we cheat," Emmett said back

"Ohh, I know you cheat, *She put her arm around Beau's neck* Just call them as you see them." Mom said

I walked over to Rose, "Hey, play nice."

Rose rolled her eye, "Sure," in a sarcastic tone.

----------------------

Most of the game was really good. Rose went out first, and Edythe really is the fastest. At one point, Edythe and Emmett when to catch the same ball and collided with each other, Dad got that score, but it kept bothering me that the sound we were making could alert the nomads that Felix told me about. If anything goes south, I have my weapons on me; I normally never talk them off, only at home, really. Jasper was up; he did this cool bat trick while he was getting ready; it was really cool too. He hit the ball, then went running, then Alice froze.

"Stop," Alice said

'Fuck, I hope my aim is as good as Charlie says

I see Edythe rush over to Beau.

"You don't have enough time, Edythe," Dad said

I couldn't hear their full conversation; I went to dad and stood behind him; I grabbed my revolvers.

We were all in a group and saw three shadows emerge through the forest.

(A man with dark skin, and black hair walked in the front, the man next to him was pale skin, and blond hair, and the woman on the opposite side of the blond, had Brilliant Orange hair and pale skin.)

(These were just the description of James, Victoria, and Laurent)

When I saw the woman and the blond, I froze, I got mentally and physically angry, I looked over to the rest of the group, Edythe made eye contact with me and then just nodded in approval.