BM:B2 Chapter 8

When we landed in Volterra, a few lower guards greeted us at the landing strip. There were three black SUVs with tinted windows; E, mom, dad, and I went in one; the others were Edythe, Beau, Charlie, and Emmett, and finally, Alice, Jasper and Rose, and a lower guard were in the other. Dad and I sat there and talked about how things may go down.

"I know Marcus too well. They ain't going to kill Beau or Charlie, not if they want their bond with you, Drake, and of course your mate bond as well, E." Dad said

"I agree as well, dad; from what Father sounded like on the phone, he was not mad. He was just upset that we didn't tell him," I said

"To be honest, son, you and E are our best bet out of this situation, and we may have a third option."

"What is that, son."

"How we may not have to do anything; when we arrive, let Emmett and Jasper know to hide Charlie behind them."

It took dad a second to put two and two together, "Ohh, so it's like that, son?"

"I am like 92% sure that it's correct, but there is always that 8%, but if I am correct, I can get there changing to be pushed at least by like two years."

"Okay, I'll let them know when we stop."

------------------------------------------

When we entered the castle, I saw the whole upper guard there, Felix, Heidi, Jane, and Demetri, waiting for us. E and I walk over there to meet up with them. The moment E and I got next to them, we both fell to the ground in pain, not like horrible pain but more like someone pinching us hard over our bodies; this was obviously Jane. I looked at her and gave her a warm smile; I don't think she liked that.

Jane had a newspaper in her hand. She rolled it up and hit the top of E's and my head.

"You two, just really, you two are sooooo lucky that you have bonded to the leaders because if you weren't, y'all would die so that you know."

She ranted for at least 8 minutes about how stupid we were. After 8 minutes, I just got up, hugged her, and pulled her in for a kiss.

"It will go fine with Mother and Father, trust me."

"What are you getting at Drake?"

"Just watch."

After I let Jane go, I greeted the other three, "Hey, y'all going to give me a lecture too."

Felix walked up to me and put his hand on my shoulder; he then pulled E in, too, "I don't need to lecture you two since after these talks are done, and we agree, y'alls future wives will deal with you." He said with a smirk

I looked over to E, "I can handle Jane to a degree, but you with Athena" I just shook my head, "It was nice knowing you, bud."

I looked back to Jane, "Says you, I promise you, Drake, you will hurt in the morning. Your Father already said I get to do your punishment."

'Shit . . . . Father you traitor'

E put his hand on my shoulder, "Well, it was an honored brother."

From behind us, I can hear Edythe and Alice laughing; I turn around and see all the vampires, excluding Mom and Dad laughing at us; Mom and Dad, I thank you for at least hiding your laughter.

Beau and Charlie were confused, I walked back to the group, and Charlie pulled me into him, "Hey, you okay? Is everything alright? Why is everyone laughing at you and E."

I smiled a bit, knowing Charlie cared about my well-being, "Everything is alright, Charlie. My future wife and our friends were messing with me. We are going to be fine." I said