Chapter 16

The past week had gone pretty well. Edythe has gotten off her high horse, and she and Beau have been spending a lot of time together, which is nice to see. I also went to the Rez and hung out with Julie, Bonnie, and a couple of the other members of the tribe. I had to tell Bonnie that Julie kept flirting with me and that my "Vampire" mate would have a problem with it. She made sure Julie knew I was already in a relationship.

(End of thoughts)

-----

I woke up like every other day; I used my gift to grab my cane which was propped next to my door. I got up, took a shower, dressed, and went to the kitchen to get some coffee. Jasper and I have a mutual deal, he makes the coffee in the morning, and I give him blood supplements and a pill to make humans not have a scent to him; I did it because he has the most challenging time getting used to the new diet. After retrieving my coffee, I went back to my room and then out to my porch; I was sipping my coffee and relaxing, and I had to finish getting ready for school. I was pulled out of my thoughts when my phone started to vibrate.

I picked it up and saw the ID number and the video request.

"Hi, beautiful," I said

Jane had changed a lot since she started taking the serum I gave her. (Janes actor was 18 when breaking dawn was finished, so that's what she looks like now)

"Why hello, Darling, How are you."

Lighting a cigar, " I am doing great now; it has been a couple of days since you called."

She rolled her eyes, "Well, those serums take a lot out of me, okay, but it is still nice to hear your voice; anything new on your end?" she asked.

"Nothing much. I have been giving Jasper some blood supplement and scent remover pills since I know he is still new to my family's diet," I said, ashing my cigar.

"Well, that was sweet of you." she rolled her eyes again at me, "Esme is going to kill you if she walks in."

I smirked, "I ain't afraid of my mom."

I laughed, then heard my door creak open; Esme was standing at the doorway, "Well, you should be an afraid, son." Then shut my door.

"I told you, Darling."

"Yeah, Yeah, Yeah... Anything new on your end."

And as if I summoned the devil, I heard the throne doors open on Janes's end.

"Is that him, Jane? Let me talk to him." I heard an unfamiliar women's voice

"Fine here." was all jane said

The woman looking at me had black hair same as Aro; she had the aura of happiness that could smoother you.

"Hi, my little 'Tesoro,' how are you? When are we going to see you again."

She kept asking questions at 70 mph; I heard Marcus' voice.

"Dear, let him breathe, he will be coming here for Christmas, and in the summer, he is coming to stay for a while. Now our son needs to get ready for school."

I could hear him saying.

"Well, I love you, my little 'Tesoro.' " Didyme said

I laughed, "I love all of you too, 'Padre and Madri '

(Tesoro means Treasure, but it also means Darling, so for Darling, ill be using tesoro but not capitalized)

Didyme returned the phone to Jane, "I love you most, tesoro."

-------------------

The school day was pretty fun. Emmett gave me crap on our way to school because I started to learn Italian. I swear, when Jasper and Emmett begin to act up, they heel when Alice and Rose pull up, it's funny. But Rose put him in his place; I swear, are all men who become vampires; why is their mate always the more dominant one?

Well, it was a pretty good day. Tell an asshat name Tanner "accidentally" tripped and dropped a ton of water on my prosthetics and fried them, so Emmett had to run out to the jeep and get my wheelchair out. We got to our table, and I was pissed.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Are you okay, Drac?" Alice asked me

"I am fine. I just got to make a quick call."

They all stared at me except Edythe.

"Drac, that's fucked up. You can't" was all she said

I start the video call

"What's up 'Figlio' Athena asked

"His name is Tanner Garrison; make it look like a suicide or an accident. That fuck ain't going to be missed."

"Okay, I wrote the name down; I'll call you when it is done."

I ended the call, and my sibling looked at me in disbelief.

-------------------------

"Drac, how could you," Rose asked

"That boy won't be missed; I know what he has done to others, especially the girls at this school; just because you're a jock doesn't mean you get special treatment."

I looked at Rose. I knew her story, and then it clicked on her what I meant when I said what he had done; she looked to Edythe to see if I was right, and Edythe just shook her head.

"Guy, just remember, anyone can kill someone; anyone is just a bad day away from clicking."

-------------------------

When I got home, I had to rewire some of the electronics in my prosthetics, but they would work again; when I got done worrying about my legs, I heard my phone go off, and it was a text from Athena saying.

"Tanner won't bother you anymore; his vehicle won't be able to stop; we cut his brakes; Felix is in forks with Demetri right now. They will make sure it is finished."

When I read it, I felt back, but it didn't truly hurt. I did feel bad, but after I thought of it for what, I found out what Tanner did, and when Rose found out, I hoped that kid would rot in hell.

I was startled when my door flew open, and Alice stood there, " He Drac, in a couple of days, there is going to be a storm; you want to come with us. We are going to play baseball."