Chapter 12

Chapter 12

            Two weeks went by.  Since there was eight left, they moved the show down to two days, one hour each.  Amber sang 'Kerosene' by Miranda Lambert on week five wearing a cute outfit a little western style.

            "It was horrible," Randy said.

            But once again the fans saved Amber.  But another girl got sent home.

            Week six, was Shania Twain week.  She wore a shiny metallic shoulder straps goddess dress; crossed shiny metallic bands on her waist to match the straps; reaches the floor; back view is backless with shiny metallic criss-crossed bands across her upper back.

            Amber sang 'From This Moment'.

"You sounded the same as you did on week one," Randy told her.

            She did get phone calls from everyone telling her 'way to go' and she 'did fine', but she knew she was terrible, but no one knew the reason why. She was great they thought.

            Leslie noticed Amber wasn't happy, until Amber told her what Nick and Zac said that they are not being able to come back until the finale if she makes it.  Leslie was upset, she went to talk to Ryan, but Ryan couldn't do anything about it.  It was the judges, producer, and director's choice.

            But once again, Amber was safe, and another guy was sent home Wednesday.

            After the show that Wednesday night, Amber got another pink envelope on the door, took it off, and opened the door to her room.  She froze in place when she saw someone was in her chair that she thought that she'd never see again.

            "Come in, and shut the door," she was told.

            She walked in, and shut the door behind her.  "What are you doing here?" she asked stuttering.

            Nick stood up, and opened his arms.  "Come here," he said smiling.

            Amber didn't have to think twice as she ran up to him and they hug.

            "I missed my girl," he told her.

            She started to cry, "I missed you too."  She held his hands.  "But you didn't answer my question.  What are you doing here?"

            "Did you look inside yet?" Joe asked pointing to the envelope in her hand.

            "No."

            "Open it," Kevin smiled.