Chapter 2

Chapter 2

After Nick talked Amber into wearing normal clothes to meet his parents, Nick drove them over to his parent’s home. Amber wore a clean nice t-shirt with a few flowers here and there in the front, and jeans, and her favorite white tennis shoes. Nick just wore a button up shirt and jeans, and his favorite shoes too.

As they were getting closer, Amber was looking outside and bouncing her right leg up and down as Nick drove.

Nick saw her leg, and reached over to touch her left leg, “Hey, you’ll be fine.”

“Huh?” she asked. She saw her leg and his hand that she stops bouncing it. “Oh, sorry.”

“Mom will love you.  You’ll both get along great.”

She nodded looking back outside seeing Nick pull up into the driveway to a lovely two-story house.  “Oh Nick.  It’s lovely,” she said as he turned the car off.

“Come on.  They’re waiting.”

Someone comes out of the house and Amber watched Nick smile getting excited as she saw a dark haired younger man he was younger then Nick; was wearing jeans, worn-out tennis shoes, faded green t-shirt and blue jeans, however she knew right away whom he was.

“Frankie,” Nick said as the two hugged.

“Nick,” he said with a smile. “Mom told me that you were coming over with a girl, and I wanted to meet her,” he told him and looked over at Amber. “Hello,” he said walking over and held his hand out.  “Frankie.”

“I know, I’m Amber Scott,” she told him taking his hand and shook it. “It’s very nice to finally meet you.”

Nick was just glowing at her as he held his hand out for her. “Come on.  Let’s go see in.”

Amber took his hand as they head to the front door, and Frankie followed.

“Mom? Dad?” the boys asked at once going inside.

“In the kitchen,” they heard.

As they kept going, Amber stopped walking and lets go of Nick’s hand to see the family pictures that were up on the walls.  Her teeny-bopper inside was going nuts to see these pictures of Nick growing up with his brothers.

“Amber?” she heard.

She looked to see Nick walking over from the kitchen.

“Oh, sorry,” she said quickly going over to him. “Just looking at the pictures.” She then smiled and reached up to touch his nose with her finger. “And you were so cute.”

“Thanks, I think,” he raised an eyebrow. “Well, mom and dad are waiting for us. Lunch is ready.”