Prologue

AN: HELLO EVERYONE!!!! It's BACK... you asked and in just a few days I worked on this for you all to enjoy part 2... and there is a CLUE in the bookcover and the banner on what is going to happen in the story :) (I know the girl is different in the banner/cover but the cast stays the same.)

~*~*~*~

Prologue

I was sitting at my desk working on my computer in my office at my home in Los Angeles, California.  I was smiling away writing a twit to my fans about some surprising stuff coming up for the new tour, and more to come very soon into the New Year.

I looked over and smiled at some pictures framed on my desk. One of was my parents and my brothers Kevin, his wife Dani, Joe, and Frankie; the other one was a picture of a girl that came into my life just three months ago thanks to my manager.

I finished up my twit, and then turn to pick up the picture to study it. It was both of us together a month ago at a photo shoot that I had to be at, and they asked my personal assistant Amber to be in a few shots with me. Of course Amber didn’t want to, but they promised not to publish them, but made us a copy of the pictures for each other to have when they were going to be developed. I remembered that shoot too. They had me stand behind Amber with my arms around her, and she placed her hands on my arms as we put our heads together, and smiled into the camera as they took it.

I sigh putting the picture back. I sure miss her. She's been gone for a whole month now.  After the tour ended, things started up for the new tour and plans that she had to fly off to NYC to work with people and Clive to arrange things, I didn't know when she'd be back, and neither did she.

I got back to work on something else on the computer, when there was a knock on the door.

"Come in," I answered.

Julie, the new girl that Amber hired to work for me in her place while she was gone, walked into the office holding the planner up against her chest.  "Mr. Jonas?" she asked.

I had to smile.  I told her to just call me Nick, but I just stopped trying after a week, "Yes Julie?"

"Your mom is on line 1, and Kevin is on line 2 for you."

"Thank you," I said grabbing the phone.

"And Rob just called, and told me to tell you that he'll be over to take you to..." she looked at the planner, "dinner with your friend Demi."

"Oh, yes, my lunch-date," I smiled, "Thank you Julie."

She smiled, and left the room.

I pushed the button 'line 1', "Hi mom." I smiled looking at the picture of her.

"Hello Nicolas," my mom Denise said on the other end.

"What's going on?"

"When is Amber supposed to be back?"