Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Amber was glad that she finally landed in Chicago, Illinois. She headed off to go get her bag at the baggage claim, and then went outside to see a cab waiting.

She went up to it, "Hello. I need to go to Allstate Arena, please," she told him.

"Sure thing Miss," he said taking her bag for her, and putting it in the back of the cab.

Amber got in, and called Rob.

"Amber?" Rob asked.

"Yeah, I'm here. I'm on my way in a cab."

"Okay, I'll watch out for you on the side, you'll see the bus. I'll let others guards know."

"Okay, thank you," she told him with a smile. "But please don't say anything to Nick or the others. I want to surprise him."

"Sure. He starts in twenty minutes."

Amber looked at her watch and sighed, "Good."

"See you soon."

She hung up while the driver got in, and he drove off.

~*~*~*~

They got done with the M&G and taken pictures with fans; then it was getting close to show time. Nick was starting to pace. His girl wasn't going to make it, he felt a tear fall, but wiped it away. The show must go on, with or without her.

~*~*~*~

After getting through security and the guards, Amber pointed the driver to stop by the bus, she paid the driver as she got out of the cab, and saw Rob at the side door waiting for her. She grabbed her bag out of the cab.

"Just bring it in; you don't have time to put it on the bus. I'll get it on the bus," Rob told her.

Amber hands him the bag in exchange for her backstage badge to wear, and she ran off to look for Nick. She had 5 minutes. Thank goodness I wore normal clothes and flats.

She soon stopped when she saw him pacing the floor waiting for the cue from the band.

Nick stopped and felt being watched. Nick looked up to see Amber watching him.

"Hi," she told him with a smile walking toward him.

Nick quickly ran over, "I thought that you weren't going to make it," he told her as they hugged.

"Me too," she told him.

They kissed. It felt like it was forever.

"I love you," he told her quietly as they put their foreheads together.

"I love you too."

Rob walks over. "Okay, you two love birds, it's show time," he told them.

Amber and Nick let go but still held hands.

"If I let go, I don't think I'll ever see her again," Nick told him softly.

Amber laughed, "I'll be here. I'm not going anywhere for a while."

"You promise?" he asked.

"Well, unless something else comes up, again."

Nick nodded. "It's your call Amber."

"I know. I've got time to think about it until it's done."

"Nick, it's time," Rob said.

Nick smiled and touched Amber's cheek, "You'll make the right choice, I know you will."