Chapter 7

Chapter 7

            On stage, every one of the twelve girls were standing behind Ryan while he opened the show.

“Welcome to American Idol season 11,” Ryan started to say.  “We are finally down to the top 24 out of millions of others for trying out.  Tonight our ladies are singing tonight, then the guys tomorrow, then you all decide who you want to move onto next week on Thursday, so let’s get started.”

Everyone cheered behind Ryan as the music started, and then they walked off.

~*~*~*~

            Amber stood in back as the guys were sitting down on the couches beside the stage.  The other girls were waiting for their turn next.

            “Now, our musical guest this first time around was Bryan Adams.”

            The crowd cheered when Bryan stood up at the judges’ table and waves around at everyone behind him.

            “Everyone got to pick a number and got that song.  Bryan spent his time working with every one of the ladies and guys, and now, they are going to show Bryan, Randy, Jennifer and Steven their hard work.”  Everyone cheered.  “Then we also had another guest come for a visit., Nick Jonas.”  The crowd cheers.  “He visited everyone and gave them tips on singing, and what they could do or work on.  Before the show tonight, I asked him some questions after he got to meet everyone.”

            The screen showed Ryan and Nick in another room talking.  “So, Nick, thanks for coming.”

            “Thanks man,” Nick said with a big smile.

            “So, you just got done meeting everyone, and heard them sing, who do you think is going to be the new American Idol this season?”

            “Don’t put pressure on me on,” Nick laughed. “You know, everyone is really good.  I can’t decide on who just yet.”

            “Well, would you come back to meet them again and maybe decide then?”

            “Maybe,” he smiled. “I’ll be busy with my rehearsals for a Broadway show. So we’ll have to see.”

            “So, do you have any advice for everyone?” Ryan asked.

            Nick looked at the camera, “Good luck everyone, and just do your best.  And don’t take anything the judges say seriously.  Let the fans and the people at home do the talking.”

            “Thanks for coming Nick,” Ryan said holding his hand out to shake hands.

            “You’re welcome, it was good to see you again.”