Chapter 14

Chapter 14

            After the show was over, Steve, Amber, Leslie, and Paul walked in back talking and laughing seeing Chris getting his stuff from his dressing room, and stopped.

            "I'll see you guys later," he said coming toward them with his bag.

            "See you around to rehearse the tour," Steve told him as they hugged and patted each other's back.

            "Yeah, I can't wait for that," he smiled.

            After everyone else hugged Chris and he left.  Everyone else went to his or her rooms.  Amber saw Zac in her room waiting for her.

            "Hey," she smiled.

            "You made it once again," he said going over to hug her.

            "Thanks," she said hugging back.

            Zac looked at her. "Now, do you feel okay?" he asked.

            "I'm fine," she smiled. "I'm ready to go back to the hotel and sleep."

            "Why don't you come over to my place?  You can stay there if you'd like instead of going to the hotel every night, and that way you can eat some real food too."

            "Well," Amber started. "I am missing a real bed and pillow."

            "Great.  I'll go tell Ryan, and we'll go to the hotel to get your stuff and head over to my place."

            "Thanks Zac."

            "Sure."

            Zac went to go find Ryan while Amber got dressed.

~*~*~*~

            Amber found out what she was going to be singing that night before going to bed. She was excited, but nervous. She didn't know if she could sing the high glory note on 'I Will Always Love You'.

When she got dressed and went downstairs to make herself some breakfast in Zac's kitchen, she decided to make it for him too. She missed cooking for others. She made something simple and easy, but noticed that she made too much, so she smiled, made some extra, got on her cell phone, and called the gang to head on over.

            Zac woke up so the smell of something cooking, and he got worried when he thought about Amber, that he grabbed his robe, and quickly went downstairs to see the kitchen table was set for seven people, and the island was covered with dishes of scrambled eggs, bacon, and Amber was covered in flour as she pulled out a pan of blueberry muffins from the oven.