Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Amber and Nick stared at each other for a few before Nick realized it was Amber.

"It's me," she told him with a smile.

"Amber!  Oh my god you're home," he said hugging her and then a few seconds later he let go to look at her. "And wet."

"Let her in so I can go home," Rob said smiling still holding her bags.

Nick pulled Amber into the house as Elvis barked at her feet and Rob placed her bags by the door.  Amber told Rob thanks again before he left.

“Hi boy,” Amber kneels to give him some loves. “Did you miss me? I missed you… yes I did.”  She then stood up and faced Nick. “Hi,” Amber sighed.

"What are you doing here? You never called and…" Nick started talking fast just watching her.

Amber placed her cold finger onto his lips. "Clive sent me home and gave me everything that I needed to go over with you."

Nick took her hands, "You're an icicle. Let's get you upstairs, and I'll run you a warm bubble bath if you'd like."

Amber moaned, "That sounds lovely right now."

Nick grabbed her bags and took them to the guestroom as Amber followed him with Elvis not far behind.

~*~*~*~

Nick looked at the dates on the papers that Mrs. Gray printed out for Amber to put into the planner while Amber was in the bath tub warming up while Nick sat outside leaning up against the wall beside the door that was cracked open so that they could talk.

"So, these are the plans?" he asked after Amber explains what the deal was on why the pile was thick and the story that happened that morning.

"Yep, but of course you talk to Clive about it," he heard Amber's voice echo in the bathroom.

"Why a whole month though?" he asked her.

"I don't know. It was nice and fun." She sighed, "I did miss you."

"I missed you too. But, why didn't you call me? You know Kevin misses you?"

“My buddy.” Amber laughed, “I’ll have to call him when I get out.”

"Mom keeps calling and asking us over for lunch or dinner. She and dad really wants to meet you."

Amber smiled, "I can't believe that I still haven't met your parents yet."

"You will, soon."

Amber sighed feeling her body coming back to life. "Thank you for the bath again."