Chapter 5

Chapter 5

            Amber and Bryan worked on her song together.  He coached her on what and how to sing, and he showed her what part of the song she was going to sing to the judges, and to the audience.  Amber asked if she could have someone come in to play the piano for her, and he said sure.

            After an hour with him, she was told she could go back to the hotel, because it was his turn to go to someone else and help out.

            She grabbed the CD and music, got on her phone, and headed outside to call Zac to come get her.

~*~*~*~

            Nick was in his room watching some TV when there was a knock on the door.

            He went to answer it, and saw Amber had a CD player in one hand and a sheet of music in the other.

            She smiles, “I’m back.”

            “You’re early,” he said looking at his watch.

            “Well, they sent me back to work on the song.  So, I thought that you’d like to know, and help me.”

            Nick laughed as he moved to let her in. “Well, I can help a little bit.”

            Amber walked in as he shut the door.  “So,” Amber said plugging in the CD player.  “You want to know the title of the song, or do you just want me to just sing it?”

            “Just sing it,” he said.  “I want to be surprised.”

            Amber nodded, pushed play, and started.

            Nick heard the music and her singing to Bryan Adams’, ‘Everything I Do’.

            After Amber got done, she watched Nick.  “Well?” she asked.

            “I thought it was great.”

            “I didn’t mess up?  I mean Bryan and I talked about what parts I’m going to singing without singing the whole thing.”

            “No, it’s fine. Just keep practicing the song, and you’ll have it down before the first live show.”

            She smiled, “Thanks.”

            “Well,” he said standing up, goes over, and hugs her.  “I’m going to be at the studio tomorrow. I called and talked to Ryan. He is waiting for me at the studio in the morning after you’re there, so he’s going to have me meet the 24 finalists, and so they are going to have the camera’s in there,” he sighed. “You know that you’re going to have to fake it that you don’t know me.”