Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Days later, Amber got Julie to come over to get all the new information into her planner before Amber left for Hollywood. Amber was now in her bedroom packing her suitcase again before leaving in the morning.

Nick was in his office looking at the planner one more time for Amber to check that everything was correct before she left him with Julie.

He sighed closing the planner and closed his eyes putting his head back against his office chair. He was excited, but sad that Amber was leaving again. She just got back, but she tried for American Idol, and has to go to see if she makes it to the top twelve.

They both agreed not to tell the fans as of yet. But will if she made it to the top twelve.

Amber closed her suitcase. She zipped it up, and sighed laying down on the bed. She was excited that she was flying over to Hollywood to tryout. She lifted her right hand up to see the ring. She was going to miss Nick while she was gone. But she got the yellow paper, which was her ticket. She wanted to stay, then wanted to go… just to see how far she can get to the top. She worked on some songs that she was going to sing for the judges. Amber sat up quickly and started to pace the floor of her room, and started singing one of the songs.

            Nick stood up grabbing the planner and left his office to go give Amber the planner back.  When he reached Amber’s door, he heard her singing inside. He listened to the song. She was singing it perfectly, ‘I Will Always Love You’ by Whitney Houston… until she squeaked on a high note.

            Amber covered her mouth with her hands, and tried it again. She couldn’t do it. She wanted to sing the glory note just like Nick can hit, but she couldn’t do it. She started to cry.

            Nick was worried so he knocked on the door.

            “Come in,” he heard her say.

He opened the door to see Amber’s back toward him. “Hey, I have the planner to give back to you.”

            “Thanks, go head and put it on the bed by the suitcase so I can pack it with my carryon.”

            “Are you okay?” he asked placing it on the bed.

            “Yeah,” she said trying to hide from him wiping her tears away.

            “Are you sure?” he asked going over to face her. “Hey, you’ve been crying,” he takes her face into his hands and wipes the tears away with his fingers softly.

            “No I haven’t,” which they both knew was a lie.

            “Why are you crying?” he asked taking her hands into his. “Do you not want to go?”