Oh, Another One?

7th November 20XX

today feels like yet another failure. A hybrid has been killed in an experiment which is not good for profit, we're losing more of those creatures as days pass. The experiments become more cruel, more difficult for them to endure.
Schlatt is unsatisfied.
His threats get more pressuring, and I know that I'm not the only one that feels like this here. This place is hell. And I hope I'll get out of here one day because I'm becoming sick of this all.

George puts his pen aside on the desk and closes his personal diary, sighing and burying his face in his hands to collect himself because he'll have to get out of his room sooner or later anyways, and he has to stay on guard at all times. Danger lingers around every corner. Being inside a building that contains many dangerous creatures isn't exactly something that someone would want to experience willingly. But, who the hell even is here on their own will?

The brunet gets up from his chair and leaves his room, locking it behind him with a key card against the sensor before he'd get on going with his work. He makes his way to grab his clipboard for notes and go check what has to be done for today and who's going to be his testing rat.

After he had grabbed the neccesities, he went to the direction of the chosen cell, through a long, eerie hallway. But, before he had even entered the hallway, he had heard yells behind him in the distant. Somewhere in the building, distressed yells.

George put the things down on the floor, deciding he'd take care of that later and make for a run now. He has to help his colleagues with whatever the issue is.

He comes nearer to the yells, getting a much clearer message by hearing what they were saying.

Another catch. George thought to himself as he finally saw the situation. He had slowed down in his tracks once he spotted the furious, growling and incredibly aggressive hybrid inside a cage, chained up by the neck and legs. A good 8 feet tall when it's standing, there's no doubt. When on all fours, more than 5 feet. A wolf hybrid. He immediately knew what kind it was, judging by the body structure.

"George! Help us carry this thing into the cell from the previous monster!" Sapnap shouted when he saw him.

George did so as told, coming to help him and the 5 other people. He gripped onto one of the sturdy bars and tried to hold it down while two pushed the cage. Good thing it was on wheels.

And now, he had a better look at it. The brown with streaks of light brown in the fur standing up, sharp, long nails attempting to dig into the steel floor of the cage and those sharp, bared teeth screaming to bite someone's head off. And those extraordinary, glowing green eyes. It all impresses him every time.

It's in obvious distress, trying to move its head but it failing because of the thick chain surrounding the neck to keep it in place.

The hybrid's eyes move all over the place, as if it tried to look for an escape, plotting something while it didn't stop growling, moving and all sorts. But once it made eye contact with George, literal shivers went through his body. Even his heart skipped a beat.

He immediately knew that there was something different, something off to this hybrid...

-

Schlatt watches from behind them all, watching how they bring the cage in front of the cell entrance for the hybrid. George was given a key to each of these chains, his job to unlock them to let it enter the cell, basically its new "home".