Helpless

George POV

With a flinch in my whole body I wake up from an uncomfortable nap. For some reason I sensed something. Well, I was halfy asleep, but also awake because I didn't let my guard down this whole time.

My eyes are on Dream right away and I see him moving around with his hands.

I shoot up from my chair and go over to him "Dream? Do you hear me?" I stand next to him and he seemed disoriented. Just looking to both his sides and seemingly not being aware of my presence right now. "...Dream..?" seeing him helpless sends me with goosebumps and a wave of guilt through my body.

"Oh Dream.." my voice breaks as I hold his hand.

My heart is shattering at the sight of his body in this state. Hopefully he's barely responding because of the anesthesia just wearing off, and not any other reason.

"I'm here with you, we're alone. You're safe and there's nothing to worry about."

He finally looked at me.

"Hello" I say with a soft tone as I tilt my head and smile a little. "Are you feeling alright?" even though I know he can't answer, I still want him to know that I'm here, looking after him.

Dream closed his eyes and left his mouth open, also sticking his tongue out on the side. He began to breathe like that.

Just seeing him move in the first place is such a success. A miracle. "I'm... very happy that you're alive." I exhale.

"I was scared you were going to die on me or something. You were really injured, you know? It was scary. You scared me." My hand travels up to his forearm to pet him, feel his soft fur and such.

I stared at him with a sadder gaze now. So many thoughts go through my head, it actually starts to weigh on me. "I think I'll write you a break because you're physically uncapable of moving properly. You're just too weak right now. I will do anything to give you that chance to take the time to recover. Is that a deal?"

Dream takes in back his tongue and closes his mouth. He takes a deep inhale and lets out a whiny exhale through his nose.

"That's right... just... take a rest. Just like that."

I stare at him much longer. I became silent, wondering if Dream would react any way soon. But it didn't seem like it.

I just simply want him to recover. That's all I'm wishing for right now. To see Dream feeling better, being back on his feet.

It's surprising that Dream hasn't turned back into that human form, it's odd. Normally it would've happened long time ago. Maybe that's his way to stay strong? He is indeed stronger as a hybrid, so maybe this is the case now. A way to survive?

Dream slightly opens his eyes and stares at the ceiling. He looked exhausted and tired. I am assuming it's the anesthesia.

"I just hope you'll forgive me for not having been able to save you earlier. If only I had a weapon with me already, I would've been able to do something at least, even if it would have me involved with being injured. But no, you've taken all of it. And, you have to know that I am so sorry, Dream. You don't deserve any of this. I take all the blame for your misfortune and I'll do anything to find the someone that was responsible for the beast. They have to pay for what it did to you.." and I already have my main suspicioun on Quackity. It's pretty obvious from his intentions the other days.

"I hope that'll show how much I care about you. I... really want you to know. You deserve the care and.... love. That- that stuff."

I noticed his left ear twitched and he was looking at me. He definitely heard that.