Confession

George POV

"Huh? No problem. I'm glad you enjoyed though."

Wilbur picked up his own empty plate and got up. "I'll see you guys then!"

I was speechless. My heart was participating in a race or something. I don't protest to let Wilbur stay here because I simply can't, even though I'm afraid to be alone with Dream and the potential topic that will be discussed. I don't want to face it. Not that soon. This is not what I came for.

Dream smiled at Wilbur and waited until he was gone, entirely out of sight.

When I heard Wilbur's steps pass, then I saw Dream having his eyes on me.

I hope he couldn't hear my uneven breathing as I'm feeling quite tense right now.

I barely held eye contact as I kept avoiding it, being nervous.

"Is everythig okay? I can sense your heart beating strong and you're clearly stressed about something. If it's something I'm causing, please tell me then"

Of course he can sense that. I completely forgot the abilites of a hybrid. I think I entirely forgot in what world I'm living in.

"T-There's nothing. I'm-"

"George" he sounded serious, being sorry for something too "Please, stop lying to me. I'm not Wilbur."

He's getting under my skin.

I got distracted by his hand on my knee again because for some reason, it keeps messing with me.

Dream took note of my eye's movement and removed his hand.

He is way too clever to read me when he has full attention on me and that's what's scaring me. It almost feels like he can read all my thoughts at this point, too!

Instead, he took my left hand into both of his and held me gently.

"Again, George, I feel sorry for making you feel awful. I just don't know what to do if you don't speak to me, I don't know how to fix anything. If you're worried about me having told Wilbur something, then you're mistaken. I will keep it between us if that's what will make you feel safe about it. But I just need... answers."

I hold his hand in return to feel more connected to him and not zone out again from being so overworked in the head. "I need just as many answers. But I can't find anything. I can't help you."

"Then speak to me instead of avoiding me. Only like that we can find our answers."

I look at him and squeeze his hand "But I can't-"

"But you can't what George?? Stop saying you can't, it's making me feel hopeless!" he was in despair, I heard it in his voice. "Just, try doing something instead of giving up this whole time"

"Dream, you don't understand, I seriously can't. I just can't. I'm not confident enough to do it."

"Do what?!" he was frustrated at this point.

"I-I don't know! I can't say it!"

"George, come on!"

I kept squeezing his hand to not break free and run away or snap at him. I just hesitantely shook my head and became mute.

"I want to know why you're acting so different all of a sudden! What happened?"

"Because you know something you weren't suppose to know! It's way too early for that!"

"But what's the problem about me knowing how you feel? What, is it wrong for me now to say that all those things you said, I also relate to? Is it dangerous? Is it something I can stop? Is it a curse?"