The Phoenix

Reader POV:

"Antique shop?" I asked as that had actually peaked my interest, my magic was still telling me to run, however I had no idea what to say or do to get out of this situation, as I had been the one, who had mention buying a book, so even with my magic yelling at me to run away, I knew I couldn't really get out of going to his shop, so I decide to go with him, have a quick look around, pick up whatever book I can find that looks good and leave, if I need, I can always use my magic to protect myself, if it comes to that.

"You like Antique shops? well than you may find something else other than a book," he tells me as he points to a shop across the road from where we were standing outside the library.

"Mr Gold?" I asked reading the sign that hang above the shop, Mr Gold was written in gold letters, I couldn't help smiling at the irony, also not really wanting to pass up an opportunity to visit a antique shop in a mysterious town, a town that shouldn't even exist, "I very much like antique shop, so please lead the way," I said trying my best to sound normal, as I motion for him to lead the way, I follow him across the  street and wait while he unlocked the door, allowing me inside first, its actually, a lot clear than I thought it would be.

"The books are over there," Mr Gold tells me pointing to a corner of the shop, where all the books were, I give him a nod before walking over to look at the books, "I will be in the back if you need anything," He tells me, as I started looking through the books, even those I don't need a book, I am interested in what kind of books he has, maybe if I am lucky I could find a book on the history of this town, as I am looking through the books there is nothing really here that I like the looks of, until I noticed a book called fairy-tale history, I decided to buy this book, just so I could get the hell out of here.

As I am walking toward to cash register to pay for the book, when suddenly feel like I am being pulled towards a nearby display cabinet, that's when I notice a beautiful glass Phoenix, I pick it up as gently as I can, I hold it as if it is the most delicate thing in the world, I inspect it closely, it is truly beautiful, unfortunate there is a little chip on the wing, as I'm looking at the Phoenix, I get a flash of Miss Dowling in my mind, it was a memory of something she had once told me.

"You are like a Phoenix y/n, you will be reborn in ashes, and be stronger than before," I hear Miss Dowling voices in my head, those words meant everything to me when she spoke to me, I'm a fairy of light, however one day in class without warning fire came shooting out of my hands, lucky no one was hurt, when the teacher Miss Tillman had send me to Miss Dowling's office, I thought she was going to suspend me, she did something I didn't  explain, she made us both a cup of tea, told me she knew I was scar, told me I would get through it with her help with some private lessons, than told me I was like a Phoenix, it was that day we realise I was a fire fairy as well as a fairy of the light, I smile at the memory, feeling sad at the same time, as I'm missing Miss Dowling so much, I shake my head in an attempt to get the older woman out of my head.

"Mr Gold, I will take these," I call out to him, taking both the book and glass Phoenix up to the cash register, as Mr Gold walks out from the back.

"The Phoenix is a good choice; I cannot help wonder who you chose the Phoenix for?" Mr Gold asked me as he started packing my things into a bag.

"My Favourite book is Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix," I lied, it wasn't really a lie as I do enjoy the Harry Potter books, beside since I really don't trust this man, I wasn't about to tell him, I wanted the Phoenix because it reminded me of the woman I loved, I can tell that Mr Gold doesn't believe me about the book with the way he is staring at me, nonetheless he doesn't say anything.

"That will be £17 please," Mr Gold says so I hand over the money, "thank you, I hope you enjoy your stay in StoryBrooke," Mr Gold tells me in a way that sends chills down my spine.

"Thanks," I said with a smile before finally leaving his shop, breathing a sigh of relief once I'm safe outside.

Back in the shop

Mr Golds PoV:

"Because your never leaving dearie," I added once this new girl in town was out of my shop.

"because I can smell the magic in you little girl, and whether you like it or not, you are going to help me, escape this town," I say before locking up my shop again.

I get into my car and drive to a little farm just before the borders of where our town ends, I drive up to the farm, however I stay out of sight as I watch the woman in her garden, "Amelia Dowling, you are about to be reunited with your granddaughter, as you will be the key to my escape," I said to myself as my plans were coming along nicely.

I just need to be careful not to show my hand to soon, so for now I will sit back and watch things play out, I'm a very patient man.

To Be Continued: